Windows 10: file explorer pop up

Discus and support file explorer pop up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I quit a game with full screen on, file explorer pop ups. Please, help me with this issue because I need to close it all the time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StaceyEaly, Dec 11, 2018.

1. file explorer pop up

When I quit a game with full screen on, file explorer pop ups. Please, help me with this issue because I need to close it all the time.

:)

StaceyEaly, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Mala_S Win User

File explorer pops up when leaving full screen

Hello Terraria100,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forum.

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

I understand how frustrating it can be when it pops up every time while you access other applications and games. However, we can quickly check with the task manager and see if you are able to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned by Krishna Prasobh V dated
    March 31, 2016 from the article - Windows file explorer pops up on Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

file explorer pop up

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

file explorer pop up

1. file explorer pop up - Similar Threads - file explorer pop

2. File explorer opening but not popping up.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer opening but not popping up.: I downloaded a game and when I was optimizing its display settings, I switched onto my graphics card rather than the default graphic settings. Suddenly that game crashed and now I'm unable to access any of my files. Whenever I try to open files explorer it opens up in the...
  3. File explorer opening but not popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer opening but not popping up.: I downloaded a game and when I was optimizing its display settings, I switched onto my graphics card rather than the default graphic settings. Suddenly that game crashed and now I'm unable to access any of my files. Whenever I try to open files explorer it opens up in the...
  4. File explorer opening but not popping up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Popping Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Popping Up: File Explorer keeps popping up without a command. 1. Closed Explorer in task manager/restarted2. Disabled Autoplay3. Disconnected all external drives4. Scanned for viruses and malware, updated all securities5. Windows is up to date6. Ran sfc /scannow7. Created new userNothing...
  6. File Explorer Popping Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Popping Up: File Explorer keeps popping up without a command. 1. Closed Explorer in task manager/restarted2. Disabled Autoplay3. Disconnected all external drives4. Scanned for viruses and malware, updated all securities5. Windows is up to date6. Ran sfc /scannow7. Created new userNothing...
  7. File Explorer Popping Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows file explorer keeps popping up

Windows file explorer keeps popping up: The windows file explorer keeps on opening automatically. I have tried the sfc/scannow, after DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-Image/Restorehealth. I have tried clean booting the PC but nothing has worked. I keep closing it from task manager, then do that run new task and run...
  9. File Explorer keeps popping up

File Explorer keeps popping up: File Explorer keeps continuously popping up. Will open an infinite numbers of windows. Have tried the following and they haven't worked: 1. Closed explorer in task manager and restarted the process 2. Removed autoplay 3. Ran sfc /scannow in command prompt 4. Scanned...
  10. File explorer pop up disappearing instantly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer pop up disappearing instantly: I opened something in file explorer, something popped up and dissapeared, its been happening to me for two days ,and it used to work fine but now it dissapears and i dont know why,i also tryed making the settings pop up time last longer and still did the same thing....