Windows 10: File Explorer Preview Audio without Windows Media Player?

Discus and support File Explorer Preview Audio without Windows Media Player? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Are there any other media players that work in File Explorer Preview? I have WMP installed and selected as default media player and it works to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throndar, Dec 7, 2020.

1. File Explorer Preview Audio without Windows Media Player?

Are there any other media players that work in File Explorer Preview?

I have WMP installed and selected as default media player and it works to preview wav files, but not aif

preferably something that can be set to autoplay when file is selected.

they could at least update the hideous graphics

submitted by /u/throndar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throndar, Dec 7, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Dec 7, 2020
  4. File Explorer Preview Audio without Windows Media Player?

THRiLL KiLL, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Preview Audio without Windows Media Player?

1. File Explorer Preview Audio without Windows Media Player? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Preview

2. Windows Media Player Rich Preview Handler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Rich Preview Handler: Hello,Is there an option in registry to make Windows Media Player Rich Preview Handler autorun whenever I select/click on a wav, mp3, mp4, etc. file in explorer?...
  3. Windows Media Player Rich Preview Handler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Rich Preview Handler: Hello,Is there an option in registry to make Windows Media Player Rich Preview Handler autorun whenever I select/click on a wav, mp3, mp4, etc. file in explorer?...
  4. this file can't be previewed because of an error in the windows media player rich preview...

in Windows 10 Customization
    this file can't be previewed because of an error in the windows media player rich preview...: how do i fix the above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-file-cant-be-previewed-because-of-an-error-in/7a0ceb47-bb16-4107-ab43-50ed38343a1a
  5. Windows media player and file explorer keep "not responding"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows media player and file explorer keep "not responding": Windows media player and file explorer keep "not responding". I have restarted many times and windows 10 has restarted many times. "Help" section said to uninstall video compression and showed "step by step" instructions however, when I followed their steps it show different...
  6. windows Media Player Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows Media Player Audio: lets say im listening to music at volume 5.....will be fine until it jumps down to volume 2 and then back to 5 and then back to 2 etc. etc. etc.....very annoying....dont know how to fix this????...
  7. Windows Media Player 12 will not play audio files

Windows Media Player 12 will not play audio files: I have a problem with Windows Media Player 12 not playing any audio files. My Windows version is Windows 10 home Build 17763.rs5_release.180914-1434 I use the 64 bit version of Windows. I have another computer with the same exact windows version, build and release....
  8. Windows Media Player 12 audio file preview

Windows Media Player 12 audio file preview: Hi, In my playlist inside WMP 12, audio files usually have a preview of audio files...but not all audio files. Is there a reason for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-12-audio-file-preview/1fc9da13-bcb3-427a-a406-f99d3b62333b
  9. Windows Media Player - Trim an audio file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Media Player - Trim an audio file: Hello, I am trying to trim a song I have in media player and not sure if I need to download a plug in or another app to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-trim-an-audio-file/52f18ba0-b226-4c9b-847a-c90acf45fbbc"
  10. media preview in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media preview in file explorer: file explorer will not display media images in preview pane or thumbnails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-preview-in-file-explorer/616bf521-c783-490b-8b6a-59db01a1679d"