Windows 10: file explorer preview php extension files

Discus and support file explorer preview php extension files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer cannot preview files with extension php, which are text files, please advise how to do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlonzoUt, May 12, 2020.

1. AlonzoUt Win User

file explorer preview php extension files

File Explorer cannot preview files with extension php, which are text files,

please advise how to do this

:)

AlonzoUt, May 12, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, May 12, 2020
  3. How to make Windows 10 Explorer to preview files w/o extension?

I found several links for making Windows Explorer to preview the content of files (in the Preview Pane) with a given filename extension, like ".log" or ".me". However, many open source projects contain text
    files, like makefile, readme, contributors... without file name extension. I'd like to see their content in the Preview Pane.

I saw registry edits suggested, but they don't seem to work with Windows-10 (editing "HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Classes\\."). Is there a trick to specify preview options in the registry for files which have no file name
    extension?

Similar questions have been posted to SuperUser.com, StackOverflow and reddit, but they did not receive any or any relevant or working answer. Some users suggested renaming the files to have ".txt" extension,
    but it interferes with version controls, may conflict with existing files, and takes longer than a preview would. Another option could be replacing Explorer e.g. with TotalCommander, which has a built-in preview function, showing the content of this, and many
    more file types. That would not work in a corporate environment, with standardized Windows installations.

LaszloHars, May 12, 2020
  4. khim555 Win User

Restore .php file extension

Hi Brink,

I need some help here. How do i restore my .php file extension because i accidentally use "notepad" apps to open with this ext. I trying to migrate my wordpress site but made the made the blunder, and not sure what type of apps to open the .php file extension, so use the wrong one..

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

khim

khim555, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. file explorer preview php extension files - Similar Threads - file explorer preview

2. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11: I HAVE BEEN BANGING MY HEAD FOR WEEKS NOW BUT I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Whenever I try to choose the default app for the .php extension, .php doesn't show up in the list of extensions. HOW TO SOLVE THIS!?!...
  3. .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .php is not recognized as a file extension by windows 11: I HAVE BEEN BANGING MY HEAD FOR WEEKS NOW BUT I CAN'T SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Whenever I try to choose the default app for the .php extension, .php doesn't show up in the list of extensions. HOW TO SOLVE THIS!?!...
  4. Preview in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview in File Explorer: Recently the preview function on File explorer stopped working for my PDF files. I have Bluebeam set up as my Default PDF viewer, I tried changing it to the Microsoft Viewer but that did not allow a Preview either. I need to preview files! Help...
  5. Previewing Excel files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Previewing Excel files in File Explorer: I use the Windows File Explorer extensively. I like being able to preview files and can readily do so with Word and PDF files. However, I can't do so with Excel files. Is there anyway to add this capability?...
  6. php ini.Mcrypt PHP extension required.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    php ini.Mcrypt PHP extension required.: Where can I find my php ini. on windows 10 to enable or install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/php-inimcrypt-php-extension-required/69c7f857-a936-4097-9e31-6b00ab344ed2
  7. Explorer File Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer File Preview: Explorer preview not working. Have searched internet on possible fixes. Windows 10 Pro OS build 19041.450 Explorer->General->Open File Explorer set to this PC Explorer->View->Files and Folders->Show preview handlers in preview pane checked. Registry setting added....
  8. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  9. file explorer extensions

file explorer extensions: I recently transferred my files from an old laptop to a new one. All of my files have a new extension similar to the following: (2019_03_15 16_15_59 UTC). What happened, what did I do wrong?...
  10. PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane

PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane: After an automatic Windows 10 update on Nov-14-2018 under KB4465663 and KB4467702, WIndows 10 MS-File Explorer is very sluggish and unable to show and .pdf previews, in the preview pane. Any solutions?...