Windows 10: File Explorer - preview tool issue with PDFs

Discus and support File Explorer - preview tool issue with PDFs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all - quick straw poll to anyone that is able to test this on your own environment. I have a number of users complaining about a "new behavior" on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/semajnitram, Nov 26, 2019.

1. File Explorer - preview tool issue with PDFs

Hi all - quick straw poll to anyone that is able to test this on your own environment. I have a number of users complaining about a "new behavior" on windows 10 that is causing frustration. Specifically, with the preview window enabled on windows explorer, they find (and i can recreate here) if you click a PDF you cannot double click and open it while the preview is loading. On small files this is indistinguishable as the preview is fast, but on larger / more complex, this can be 2/3 seconds and so users stumble as they double click...nothing happens and so they double click again (after the preview has now completed) and it loads?

I wanted to know if this is just a quirk in our environment (and thus i need to carry on slowly pulling my hair out to see what is causing that stutter on load, as i already tested on a windows 7 build and this issue is not there) or if this is a real glitch for others with Windows 10 Pro and Acrobat Reader DC?

Any assistance greatly and humbly appreciated.

submitted by /u/semajnitram
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/semajnitram, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

No PDF viewer in File explorer preview pane

Hi Steve,

Conflicts with the program settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to view the PDF preview in the File Explorer Preview Pane. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread,
    and go to the post that was provided by Michalis_Georgiou
    on October 24, 2017 in the 2nd page, and check if you will still encounter the same issue.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 26, 2019
  3. pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

I have been using "preview pane" in file explorer forever. However, for some unknown reason, the preview pane for pdf files have become very small, to the point where the pdf file preview pane is too small and unreadable. preview pane for all other files
    appears to be ok (large enough as before). this is only affecting pdf files.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe reader.

I am looking for suggestions to get back to where the preview pane of pdf files is as large as before

StephenKlotz, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer - preview tool issue with PDFs

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer - preview tool issue with PDFs

1. File Explorer - preview tool issue with PDFs - Similar Threads - File Explorer preview

2. File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs: I have Windows 10, and use Edge to view my PDF Files. When I open File Explorer it takes a second to open, however, when I have the Preview Pane option on, it almost freezes.When I try to select a new file, it takes a while to respond and when using my keyboard arrows to go...
  3. File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs: I have Windows 10, and use Edge to view my PDF Files. When I open File Explorer it takes a second to open, however, when I have the Preview Pane option on, it almost freezes.When I try to select a new file, it takes a while to respond and when using my keyboard arrows to go...
  4. File Explorer Lagging and Not Previewing PDFs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a fix for the explorer preview of pdfs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a fix for the explorer preview of pdfs?: Windows 11 has stopped showing document size previews of pdf documents. This is most aggravating since I must look at contracts all day. Opening every document is a waste of time. Have you fixed this yet? I had to download Power Tools which does not have great resolution when...
  6. Is there a fix for the explorer preview of pdfs?

Is there a fix for the explorer preview of pdfs?: Windows 11 has stopped showing document size previews of pdf documents. This is most aggravating since I must look at contracts all day. Opening every document is a waste of time. Have you fixed this yet? I had to download Power Tools which does not have great resolution when...
  7. PDFs not showing in Preview

PDFs not showing in Preview: I have a user with Adobe installed and they are not able to preview PDFs in the Preview Pane, I have verified the option to preview PDFs is enabled but it still is not working. We have tried to do a repair from within Adobe and also doing one through Control Panel....
  8. PDFs not showing in Preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDFs not showing in Preview: I have a user with Adobe installed and they are not able to preview PDFs in the Preview Pane, I have verified the option to preview PDFs is enabled but it still is not working. We have tried to do a repair from within Adobe and also doing one through Control Panel....
  9. PDFs not showing in Preview

10. Issues with Preview Pane in File Explorer.

Issues with Preview Pane in File Explorer.: in file explorer, the only preview images that show are ones imported from my android phone. there are no preview images whatsoever showing for photos previously imported from my windows 8 phone, either from pictures subfolders or from onedrive pictures folder. have tried...