Windows 10: File Explorer Preview Went Away........

Discus and support File Explorer Preview Went Away........ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; New PC. File Explorer WAS working, then quit. Windows 10 Pro. Deleted One Drive. Using DropBox instead. Deleted Microsoft Office suite. Using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob 0071, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Bob 0071 Win User

File Explorer Preview Went Away........

New PC.

File Explorer WAS working, then quit.

Windows 10 Pro.

Deleted One Drive. Using DropBox instead.

Deleted Microsoft Office suite. Using LibraOffice instead.

Ticked / tried every Preview Option in the ribbon, nothing.

Can’t preveiw anything anymore, (doc, docx, pdf, images, etc).

Any good advice on this?

:)

Bob 0071, Dec 31, 2018

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 10, 2020
  4. File Explorer Preview Went Away........

Using File explorer can stop given preview

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Preview pane.

If the issue still persists,

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Folder options.
    • Under View tab, check the option for Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Preview Went Away........

1. File Explorer Preview Went Away........ - Similar Threads - File Explorer Preview

2. Windows Activation went away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation went away: My windows is no longer active. When I turned on my computer today the registration for my Windows went away. Also, the troubleshooting does not work. It cannot find my product key even though I've had windows for about five years....
  3. Windows Activation went away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation went away: My windows is no longer active. When I turned on my computer today the registration for my Windows went away. Also, the troubleshooting does not work. It cannot find my product key even though I've had windows for about five years....
  4. Preview Pane in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview Pane in File Explorer: Does anyone know why my Previrew Pane is showing an Index?***Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office / Other / For business / Other*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pane-in-file-explorer/bd53d4ec-158c-43c0-a519-6a5840634053
  5. File Explorer shows no preview

File Explorer shows no preview: Hi..So i have this problem with Images. I'm not sure when it started but I have noticed that File Explorer stopped giving me a thumbnail for Images. It is also showing that my folders are empty by the icons. Please help me fix these. I will attach some pictures below...
  6. Preview in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preview in File Explorer: Recently the preview function on File explorer stopped working for my PDF files. I have Bluebeam set up as my Default PDF viewer, I tried changing it to the Microsoft Viewer but that did not allow a Preview either. I need to preview files! Help...
  7. Previewing Excel files in File Explorer

Previewing Excel files in File Explorer: I use the Windows File Explorer extensively. I like being able to preview files and can readily do so with Word and PDF files. However, I can't do so with Excel files. Is there anyway to add this capability?...
  8. Explorer File Preview

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer File Preview: Explorer preview not working. Have searched internet on possible fixes. Windows 10 Pro OS build 19041.450 Explorer->General->Open File Explorer set to this PC Explorer->View->Files and Folders->Show preview handlers in preview pane checked. Registry setting added....
  9. No file preview in the preview pane and file explore

No file preview in the preview pane and file explore: This is an ongoing, intermittent problem. For no apparent reason, my documents well stop being previewed in the previewed pain of file Explorer. Today, Word docs are previewing, but it takes a long time for them to appear. PDF docs are not previewing at all. Yesterday,...
  10. file explorer preview pane

file explorer preview pane: Problem I`m having is the preview pane will show pdf`s fine, but will not preview jpegs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-preview-pane/3166cd80-4954-4b11-8def-bf594a2d9831"