Windows 10: File Explorer Problem Need Help

Discus and support File Explorer Problem Need Help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In May 9th, 2020 My computer suddenly has a Window Explorer Problem where it doesn't show anything Everything that runs in Window Explorer like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ushanka_Elo, May 30, 2020.

1. File Explorer Problem Need Help

In May 9th, 2020
    My computer suddenly has a Window Explorer Problem where it doesn't show anything
    Everything that runs in Window Explorer like Control Panel, doesn't seem to work

The strange thing is when I want to upload a picture or a file explorer in Gmail, Whatsapp, etc. It shows File Explorer "working"

When I save something, there's also some problems shown in the picture. Please if you know how to fix this I would gladly appreciate it

Picture:

File Explorer Problem Need Help 7f95ec5d-1225-4501-8026-00a621981e1c?upload=true.png

File Explorer Problem Need Help 9ca89f54-b2df-41be-8604-9bf50e78baf0?upload=true.png

File Explorer Problem Need Help 1e659bae-ab68-426c-b5f6-4b15c3102638?upload=true.png

:)

Ushanka_Elo, May 30, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, May 30, 2020
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 30, 2020
  4. File Explorer Problem Need Help

File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 30, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Problem Need Help

1. File Explorer Problem Need Help - Similar Threads - File Explorer Problem

2. help with file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help with file explorer: file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-file-explorer/b588f261-a6eb-448c-9407-98ea723afcff
  3. help with file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help with file explorer: file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-file-explorer/b588f261-a6eb-448c-9407-98ea723afcff
  4. Need Help With Using File Explorer to Arrange Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help With Using File Explorer to Arrange Files and Folders: I'm running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 2004, and am having trouble using the File Explorer feature. I'm not sure just how to explain/describe the problem, but will try, hoping that it makes sense. My favorite place for saving things has always been to my desktop; that...
  5. Need help with File Explorer Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with File Explorer Problem: I am on Windows 10 and I opened my File explorer one day and found it blank. I have my folders on the side but the main file areas are gone. It works when I'm on another site or program like when I'm uploading a picture to Discord, but when I normally open File Explorer it is...
  6. i need help with file explorer

i need help with file explorer: how do i fix this. everytime i press or select a file windows explorer takes a long time or never to done selecting the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-file-explorer/bec67735-e07b-42d0-8e28-4d2546a16029
  7. File explorer help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer help: [ATTACH] HI i was wondering why my file explorer looks like this and not the default, Thanks https://preview.redd.it/x0w9tfrsil261.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=909768854ceff1c6d962020a7bca9e121e775743 submitted by /u/cborges662 [link] [comments]...
  8. Need help with File Explorer "Theme" or Folder Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with File Explorer "Theme" or Folder Icon: So i'll link below some screenshots that i took from a video (the first one) compared to my look of the file explorer icons. Can anybody help me change the one that i currently have (the one with the dark BG) to the one First screenshot? https://imgur.com/a/eK0QiOI...
  9. Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar

Need help troubleshooting the file explorer address bar: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hello! As seen in the above two pictures, my file explorer address bar is currently malfunctioning. Occasionally it will work fine, but acts up without any particular trigger. I have already checked to make sure programs are up to date, also done a malware...
  10. Needing help fixing my file explorer area?

in Windows 10 Support
    Needing help fixing my file explorer area?: Okay here's what I did I removed the stuff that used to show because it was getting confusing. When I used to open file explorer it used to show everything from things I opened to things I had downloaded. I hated it so I completely removed it. Because I didn't know how to...