Windows 10: File Explorer problem with Win/10- click to open a folder/file get an everending blue...

Discus and support File Explorer problem with Win/10- click to open a folder/file get an everending blue... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem is as explained in the SUBJECT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob Davies 08, Apr 16, 2019.

1. File Explorer problem with Win/10- click to open a folder/file get an everending blue...

Problem is as explained in the SUBJECT

:)

Bob Davies 08, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2019
  3. geno368 Win User
    Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Deuce642 Win User

File Explorer problem with Win/10- click to open a folder/file get an everending blue...

windows 10 file explorer opens for a split second then crashes

This problem occurs if I try opening any folder or file explorer itself for example:

• an existing file folder with files in it that is on my desktop,
    • opening the file explorer from the taskbar (I have since unpinned it as this was suggested as a fix in some forums)
    • opening file explorer using the start menu
    • opening file explorer using the windows key + E
    In each case the explorer dialogue box will pop up momentarily then disappear again (perhaps a second or 2 sometimes, other times just a flash.)

So far I have tried:

• ensuring that windows 10 is totally up to date
    • run the sfc scannow - this came up with no error found
    • made sure that the settings for file explorer were set to opening at 'this pc'

I am absolutely out of ideas. Can someone please help?

Deuce642, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer problem with Win/10- click to open a folder/file get an everending blue...

1. File Explorer problem with Win/10- click to open a folder/file get an everending blue... - Similar Threads - File Explorer problem

2. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems: I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud, I've been having problems with my Documents and Pictures folders showing in File Explorer. I am having trouble keeping them...
  3. Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 File Explorer Document Folder problems: I had to do a clean install of Win11 due to some problems running programs. After the installation and restoring of my personal files from the cloud, I've been having problems with my Documents and Pictures folders showing in File Explorer. I am having trouble keeping them...
  4. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  5. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  6. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't click a file or folder in file explorer

Can't click a file or folder in file explorer: When i tried to open any file docx, png, jpg, etc, my cursor started loading continuously until i close the file explorer window. Then i searched on windows search for Command Prompt and when i click "Run as administrator" it wont open. But if you clicked "Open" it showed up...
  8. Win 10 File Explorer Automatic folder refresh problem

Win 10 File Explorer Automatic folder refresh problem: I have three computers running WIN 10. I use the File Explorer app extensively. I work with folders that have hundreds or Thousands of files. When trying to Locate a file, Rename a file or Delete a file, the File Explorer app will perform a Refresh routine on the...
  9. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  10. Win 10 File Explorer problem

Win 10 File Explorer problem: Stacked and side-by-side do not always arrange views 50-50. See attachments.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-file-explorer-problem/29b2a366-985b-45c9-9133-73d4b2f77626"