Windows 10: File Explorer Problem

Discus and support File Explorer Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 File Explorer Problem ... In XP I was so used to having only the File Name underlined and using it to open the file. I could select a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wallytek, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Wallytek Win User

File Explorer Problem

My Windows 10 File Explorer Problem ...
    In XP I was so used to having only the File Name underlined and using it to open the file.
    I could select a folder and click on the right pane to make sure I was in it and not open a file.
    Windows 10 now underlines and therefore makes every field eligible to open the file.
    If I click in the right pane now, I usually open a file I don't want.
    Does anyone know how to change Windows 10 to underline the Name only
    and therefore make it the only field eligible to open the file?

Wally

:)

Wallytek, Jan 13, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, Jan 13, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

File Explorer Problem

Hi Wally and welcome to Tenforums.

Nothing I am aware of for changing this.

Free Commander is file manager that many of the members here have suggested to me to use, as I have some file merge issues needing to be resolved. So, I haven't used it yet, but it might help you.

simrick, Jan 13, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jan 13, 2016
  6. Wallytek Win User
    Thanks Simrick

Yes, Free Commander does solve my problem.. It's also a massive piece of software with a bunch of goodies. I've installed it and am taking a good look at it now. Give it a go. I think you'll really like it.

Wally

Wallytek, Jan 14, 2016
  7. Wallytek Win User
    I've run Ultimate Windows Tweaker and it works just fine except for the .mp3 files. They still come up as Full Row Select. I've got a request in to the writer to look at the problem.

Wally

Wallytek, Jan 14, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

File Explorer Problem

Oh good. Thanks for the feedback - I will be installing it in the next days! Glad it resolves your problem too! *Biggrin You can go ahead and mark the thread as "solved" then.

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

File Explorer Problem

1. File Explorer Problem - Similar Threads - File Explorer Problem

2. File explorer problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer problem: Why caution mark show in my C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-problem/83f20a03-abd5-484b-bc6b-8db8a9413946
  3. Problem with file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with file explorer: File explorer constantly crashes on right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-file-explorer/db230838-4547-4344-a934-7d0b4cf4ffc6
  4. File Explorer problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer problem: So lately, ive been having this problem where in file explorer, when i hover my mouse over folders or tabs , the font disappears and it becomes a blank folder or tab until i stop hovering, this is causing me trouble because i cant see basically any font or words . Anyone got...
  5. File explorer problems

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer problems: Hello, File explorer is no longer working properly. It has always been fine on this PC until latest update [March 9, 2021KB5000802 (OS Builds 19041.867 and 19042.867)] or [KB4589212: Intel microcode updates for Windows 10, version 2004 and 20H2, and Windows Server, version...
  6. file explorer problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer problems: So recently for some reason, when I open up file explorer my laptop's internet goes down. I do not know why it does this and I hope you can help me. this is kinda short because that's the problem I have. I can't work because when I try to open files the internet goes down....
  7. File Explorer problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer problem: Hello when I scroll down in my file explorer it scrolls down extremely slow even though everywhere else my scrolling experience is normal. Also as you can see in the video the icons seem to glitch as I am scrolling down. Anyone know how I could fix this? submitted by...
  8. Problems with File Explore

Problems with File Explore: Since Microsoft reistalled Windows 10, I can no longer share pictures File Explore,because Messanger does not appear under sharing. I always shared from File Explorer to Messanger, because my 80 year old mother doesn't like getting pictures to her mail. She rather get them...
  9. File Explorer Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Problems: Hi, I have a problem with the windows file explorer. when I try to save images or videos from the web the file explorer box will not appear or when extracting files in parts the box will not appear also. it happens early this week if anyone could help i would be thankful....
  10. Problem with File Explorer

Problem with File Explorer: My Dell XPS, running Windows 10 Home, no longer has a D: drive, but when I click on Documents in This PC it tries to find the missing drive. More of an annoyance than a problem, but I can't seem to get File Explorer to change in the Properties tab. It keeps insisting on...