Windows 10: file explorer progress bar

Discus and support file explorer progress bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having two problems: PS C:\Users\mina> net view net : System error 1231 has occurred. At line:1 char:1 + net view + ~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by minaharrouff, Nov 27, 2018.

1. file explorer progress bar

I am having two problems:

PS C:\Users\mina> net view
    net : System error 1231 has occurred.
    At line:1 char:1
    + net view
    + ~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (System error 1231 has occurred.:S
    tring) [], RemoteException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

The network location cannot be reached. For information about network
    troubleshooting, see Windows Help.

along with opening file explorer, and the progress bar getting stuck near the end:

file explorer progress bar 761ab2d7-9ef7-4202-b1a6-957bb68172e6?upload=true.jpg

I don't know if these problems are related, all I can say is that I didn't have any such problem on my xp pc, and if anyone has the wisexss idea of going back to xp, I have to say I already thought of that

:)

minaharrouff, Nov 27, 2018
  2. jshaw42 Win User

Green progress bar in File Explorer

I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it identifies the location. I noticed there in the search bar it shows where it is going: "search (Jfile explorer progress bar :) Jack" as an example.

How do I stop this? It takes a lot of time, depending on the folder.

jshaw42, Nov 27, 2018
  3. mhp10 Win User
    search progress bar freezes

When I search in W10 File Explorer, the progress bar moves quickly at first, then slows down, and then freezes before the search is complete.

I do not use Cortana for my searches.

Any suggestions to solve this, please?

Thank you.

mhp10, Nov 27, 2018
  4. getho Win User

file explorer progress bar

Slow Green progress bar in File Explorer - possible solution

this is not the same issue. it not that explorer is not opening. It's opening fine, it just displays that bloody progress bar,

getho, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

file explorer progress bar

1. file explorer progress bar - Similar Threads - file explorer progress

2. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  3. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  4. File Explorer search progress bar is infinite

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search progress bar is infinite: Why do File Explorers searches begin so fast and never end. The green bar moves across the top and it gets slower and slower and never ends. What is Windows doing? Is this behavior desirable or a waste of time?...
  5. File Explorer search progress bar is infinite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search progress bar is infinite: Why do File Explorers searches begin so fast and never end. The green bar moves across the top and it gets slower and slower and never ends. What is Windows doing? Is this behavior desirable or a waste of time?...
  6. File Explorer search progress bar is infinite

7. Windows Explorer crashing/no progress bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer crashing/no progress bar: In the last few weeks I've had problems with Windows Explorer getting progressively worse with tasks. I've noticed it's mostly with any external hard drives, however, it's not just 1 hard drive or 1 particular port. I have 2 USB and 1 thunderbolt and it occurs on all of them....
  8. Windows Explorer crashing/no progress bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crashing/no progress bar: In the last few weeks I've had problems with Windows Explorer getting progressively worse with tasks. I've noticed it's mostly with any external hard drives, however, it's not just 1 hard drive or 1 particular port. I have 2 USB and 1 thunderbolt and it occurs on all of them....
  9. Windows Explorer crashing/no progress bar

10. Green progress bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Green progress bar in File Explorer: I don't remember how or when I made a change in File Explorer, but each time I call it up now, I get a slow moving progress bar in the bar where it identifies the location. I noticed there in the search bar it shows where it is going: "search (J:) Jack" as an example. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer hang with progress bar in address bar