Windows 10: File explorer prompt closes the editing while I try to edit the file name every time

Discus and support File explorer prompt closes the editing while I try to edit the file name every time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I tried almost everything what I got from the people of Internet. The problem is, when I try to edit a file name, the editing closes while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MuscularIowa863, Nov 6, 2019.

1. File explorer prompt closes the editing while I try to edit the file name every time

Hi All,

I tried almost everything what I got from the people of Internet.

The problem is, when I try to edit a file name, the editing closes while I'm typing. Every time. This problem have been started few weeks ago.

I need help asap because I need it for work

:)

MuscularIowa863, Nov 6, 2019

2. IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Squirrely Win User
    Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Try this snippit in a batch file:

You have to specify where to go with the batch file, which is what the cd command is for. Then, once the prompt is in that directory, the last command lists all of the files (including directories) in the list_of_files.txt text file, since dir is a command, not the directory location. *Smile File explorer prompt closes the editing while I try to edit the file name every time :)

Edit: Also, if your directory has spaces, you may have to put the directory in quotes, such as:

Squirrely, Nov 6, 2019
  4. File explorer prompt closes the editing while I try to edit the file name every time

Hosts file editing

I have to jump in and say I use, and have used the host file for years. It's an easy way to take stress off of old name servers. I don't add everything, but major shares I do add to the host file. I've used the host file for some tunneling as well. I try to optimize my network as much as possible and I have a solid network. But Easy Rhino is right as well, you'll want to have everything he suggested as well. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

File explorer prompt closes the editing while I try to edit the file name every time

1. File explorer prompt closes the editing while I try to edit the file name every time - Similar Threads - File explorer prompt

2. edit mode on file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edit mode on file explorer: Can someone help me am trying to get edit mode and i have tried loads of things and still nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-mode-on-file-explorer/2839f3d9-5d81-4471-b5b0-0278910a0a9a
  3. edit mode on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edit mode on file explorer: Can someone help me am trying to get edit mode and i have tried loads of things and still nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edit-mode-on-file-explorer/2839f3d9-5d81-4471-b5b0-0278910a0a9a
  4. edit mode on file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Freezes Every Time I Try to Delete a File on Network Drive: It would be nice to delete a file from my media server, but apparently File Explorer freezes or crashes every time I right click on the files. I have now restarted it 3 times, my desktop has also been restarted. I would like to not have to connect a monitor to my media server...
  6. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  7. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  8. Every Time I Try a Video Editing Software It Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every Time I Try a Video Editing Software It Crashes: Every time I try to edit in a video editing software it will crash, and I can't get anywhere with any videos because it is crashing so much. I have tried multiple softwares including: hitfilm express Davinci Resolve and shotcut. Please someone help....
  9. Edit ID tags in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit ID tags in File Explorer: Today I find that I can no longer Edit ID Tags in File Explorer. My music files are recorded as FLAC files. The drop-down menu in File Explorer no longer has the Edit option. Also, it is not possible to Edit the ID Tags in Properties. Can anyone help?...
  10. File Explorer Rename - name select delay interrupts edit

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Rename - name select delay interrupts edit: Hi, When renaming a file in File Explorer I am frequently, but not always, stymied by the system re-selecting the entire filename whilst I am in the midst of editing it. It occurs anytime from 1-2s after I start editing up to 10s or more. I typically am using the back arrow...