Windows 10: file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

Discus and support file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Microsoft please add an option to make detail view the default on any preferred view in file explorer. It's distracting, annoying, and fatiguing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jennyannabanana, Aug 8, 2020.

1. file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

Microsoft please add an option to make detail view the default on any preferred view in file explorer.

It's distracting, annoying, and fatiguing to repeatedly have to switch back to detail view, the view i prefer.

:)

jennyannabanana, Aug 8, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

Here's how to change the default view for all folders of the same type (e.g. Documents)

1. First, change the layout to any folder of the Document-type to List View.
    2. Then open the "Change folder and search options" (in the View tab on the explorer window), then go to the view tab there.
    3. Finally choose "Apply to folders." Click Yes, and the List View will then be applied to all folders of the same type
    Picture-type folders will not be affected by changes made to other folder types.

GamertagCC, Aug 8, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

File Explorer Default View

Hi Dreams Of Anarchy

If you set the view to Details in a folder and then do as listed below. Then go to another folder, does that settings not stick for all folders ??

Then click Options at the far end of the View Ribbon

Click on the View Tab of the resulting dialog

Click Apply to Folders and confirm that

Click Apply and OK

Close Windows File Explorer and re-open it

DaveM121, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default

1. file explorer provide option to set "detail view" or another view as default - Similar Threads - file explorer provide

2. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  3. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  4. Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10: On my computer, File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the icons view. That is useful sometimes, but by default, I want File Explorer to permanently open documents to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?By default, when I open File...
  5. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  6. How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i set the default view in file explorer to 'details'?: As above, i want to view everything in my hard drive in file explorer as the 'details' setting in file explorer, i've searched google, but have found nothing that seems to work that well. submitted by /u/SaltyConnection [link] [comments]...
  7. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS: I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT. I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL? Windows 10 pro Any help for this would be appreciated. Thank you 163751
  8. Enlarge Details View in File Explorer

Enlarge Details View in File Explorer: Hi! I've been searching for a solution to enlarge the details view in File Explorer for years, also other people have asked on the web for a solution to this but no answer so far, so I ask it here too: do you know any solution to make the text and icons of the files and...
  9. file explorer view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...
  10. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f