Windows 10: File explorer query

Discus and support File explorer query in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AblazeTheCore, Oct 26, 2020.

1. File explorer query

I have an issue on my Win10 Machine. Whenever I try to create a new folder on my desktop it's automatically named New folder(2) ; Which means that there is already a folder with that name. I have done multiple searches on my desktop through file explorer with all the hidden files visible, even done multiple searches on my drives for any "New folder". I even went as far as doing tronscript for malware and virus checks. This issue still occurs, any experts know what might be happening? Been having this issue for a while now...

submitted by /u/AblazeTheCore
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AblazeTheCore, Oct 26, 2020

2. File Explorer

Hi Joyce,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on view option.
    • Click on preview panel to turn it Off and On.

Hope this information helps. If you have any further queries related to Windows, let us know.
    We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Juzzy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• First unpin the File Explorer from the task bar.
    • Press Windows + E.
    • And right click on File Explorer in the taskbar.
    • And Pin the File Explorer to Taskbar and Check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

File explorer query

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

File explorer query

1. File explorer query - Similar Threads - File explorer query

2. How to use PowerShell to query windows file explorer attribute

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use PowerShell to query windows file explorer attribute: Is there a powershell cmdlet whereby I can query a Windows File Explorer attribute?As an example. Open Microsoft File Explorer. Right click on a white space and choose Short by/More.A Choose Details windows appear.Now you have a list of attributes you can place a check mark...
  3. How to use PowerShell to query windows file explorer attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use PowerShell to query windows file explorer attribute: Is there a powershell cmdlet whereby I can query a Windows File Explorer attribute?As an example. Open Microsoft File Explorer. Right click on a white space and choose Short by/More.A Choose Details windows appear.Now you have a list of attributes you can place a check mark...
  4. How to use PowerShell to query windows file explorer attribute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: What does this folder mean?What is the impact of this folder?If I delete all this files, any problem occurred???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/queries-about-file-explorer/ecdeb25d-91b8-4652-a936-0749ab6e9c95
  6. Queries about file explorer

Queries about file explorer: What does this folder mean?What is the impact of this folder?If I delete all this files, any problem occurred???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/queries-about-file-explorer/ecdeb25d-91b8-4652-a936-0749ab6e9c95
  7. Queries about file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  8. Queries about file explorer

Queries about file explorer: How to show the file size in MB?Why folder total size doesn't show heremark?Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎29-‎Sep-‎22 OS build 22621.674 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM...
  9. File explorer and quick access query

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer and quick access query: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user with all updates up-to-date. Recently, my File explorer icons look like a page with the corner turned over - no normal file image and at the same time the quick access search never finishes?...
  10. File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer -- how to reset to default --Google queries are useless: Hi folks Whats the magic setting to reset file explorer to its 100% default state (as it look as after you've done a clean windows install) -- I.e before any "tampering". If I do any google searches there's 77 zillion (or more) answers telling me how to customise settings...