Windows 10: File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?

Discus and support File Explorer Quick Access Icons ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro vers 1909 on a new build. This is my first experience with Win10. I'm not sure what icons are supposed to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mike100, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Mike100 Win User

File Explorer Quick Access Icons ?

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro vers 1909 on a new build. This is my first experience with Win10.

I'm not sure what icons are supposed to be in Quick Access. But I have 3 yellow folders that correspond to drivers that I installed, in addition to 5 icons which appear to be normal according to several images I've seen while Googling.

Is it normal for drivers to add icon folders to Quick Access? Two are empty & one lists several graphics files. My thought is to just delete these. But since the "Onboard VGA Driver" folder icon contains files maybe it should be moved to a program folder.

I've never experienced anything like this when installing Win7 on PCs, IOW driver folders showing up in the Libraries.

The ASRock mobo drivers came on a disc & I copied them to a USB stick, using another PC, in order to install on the new PC. Could installing from a USB stick have caused this for some reason?

Should it be safe to delete these rogue entries?

:)

Mike100, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 16, 2020
  3. File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Jun 16, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon

File Explorer Quick Access Icons ? [​IMG]

Hi, you can see the two white Recent files entries with no icons. I seem to have no other issue with icons.

I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon cache, and clearing explorer history.
    The problem remains having done the anniversary upgrade.

This used to be fine, and I don't know when it changed, unfortunately, so suggesting system restore or restoring disk images (which I have) may not be the best way forward.

Any suggestions please? Thanks!

dalchina, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer Quick Access Icons ? - Similar Threads - File Explorer Quick

2. File explorer home icon and quick access missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer home icon and quick access missing: Hi Microsoft,Encounter a few problems on file explorer after the recent Windows 11 22H2 update. Please advice on the solution. Thanks.1. Home icon missing dropdown menu that showing the quick access 2. Quick access shortcut are placing in the middle section rather than hiding...
  3. File explorer home icon and quick access missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer home icon and quick access missing: Hi Microsoft,Encounter a few problems on file explorer after the recent Windows 11 22H2 update. Please advice on the solution. Thanks.1. Home icon missing dropdown menu that showing the quick access 2. Quick access shortcut are placing in the middle section rather than hiding...
  4. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  5. File Explorer Quick Access

File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  6. File explorer and quick access query

File explorer and quick access query: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user with all updates up-to-date. Recently, my File explorer icons look like a page with the corner turned over - no normal file image and at the same time the quick access search never finishes?...
  7. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  8. Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10 How to Change Quick Access Icon in File Explorer in Windows 10 Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with recent files. This tutorial will show you how to change the icon for Quick Access...
  9. Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access Recent Files icons in explorer are blank - no icon: [img] Hi, you can see the two white Recent files entries with no icons. I seem to have no other issue with icons. I've tried deleting and rebuilding the icon cache, and clearing explorer history. The problem remains having done the anniversary upgrade. This used to...
  10. Issues with quick access and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with quick access and file explorer: Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything. In addition, all pinned items in the menu that appears when you right click on the file explorer disappeared as well. I am attaching images to clarify the...