Windows 10: File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working

Discus and support File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I accidentally destroyed my quick access menu inside the file explorer: Quick Access does not contain anything [ATTACH] Some registry folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oSumAtrIX, May 21, 2019.

1. File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working

Hi,

I accidentally destroyed my quick access menu inside the file explorer:

Quick Access does not contain anything

File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working 67be4a95-e877-481f-aa68-1528e863c480?upload=true.png

Some registry folder I found on the internet which might something to do with it

File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working 1e72301e-6182-466e-90a8-7b83dbdfeb97?upload=true.png

What happens if I try to add a folder

File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working 27a4dc96-79e6-4a26-ab5c-df17e41415ed?upload=true.png

The problem first appeared when I tried out Winaero Tweaker from https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.1836

Tweaking some settings back didn't work.

sfc /scannow didn't help either.

Appreciate any help.

:)

oSumAtrIX, May 21, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, May 21, 2019
  3. File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, May 21, 2019
  4. File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, May 21, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working

1. File Explorer Quick Access Menu not working - Similar Threads - File Explorer Quick

2. Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer: Hi, I am running Windows 11, and the latest update which was installed on 12th October has caused issues with my File Explorer. It appears to now be running in a window that looks more like an internet page, which doesn't worry me either way. The bit that is bothering me is...
  3. Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access folders are no longer working in File Explorer: Hi, I am running Windows 11, and the latest update which was installed on 12th October has caused issues with my File Explorer. It appears to now be running in a window that looks more like an internet page, which doesn't worry me either way. The bit that is bothering me is...
  4. Stuck button in File Explorer's quick access menu on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck button in File Explorer's quick access menu on the taskbar.: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, there's been a button under the File Explorer's quick access menu the one when you right-click the icon on the taskbar/start menu. It says Desktop, but when I try to remove it by right-clicking it, or by left-clicking it and clicking...
  5. Stuck button in File Explorer's quick access menu on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck button in File Explorer's quick access menu on the taskbar.: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11, there's been a button under the File Explorer's quick access menu the one when you right-click the icon on the taskbar/start menu. It says Desktop, but when I try to remove it by right-clicking it, or by left-clicking it and clicking...
  6. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  7. File Explorer Quick Access

File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  8. File explorer and quick access query

File explorer and quick access query: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user with all updates up-to-date. Recently, my File explorer icons look like a page with the corner turned over - no normal file image and at the same time the quick access search never finishes?...
  9. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  10. Issues with quick access and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with quick access and file explorer: Today after starting my computer, I realized that quick access items disappeared and I am unable to pin anything. In addition, all pinned items in the menu that appears when you right click on the file explorer disappeared as well. I am attaching images to clarify the...