Windows 10: File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified]

Discus and support File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified] in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Compare dates in QA and Explorer for file "CRE v2.1.xlsm" , below. In this case, QA appears to display maybe the first time I opened & saved the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stephanweaver, Dec 4, 2019.

1. File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified]

Compare dates in QA and Explorer for file "CRE v2.1.xlsm" , below.

In this case, QA appears to display maybe the first time I opened & saved the file yesterday, not the time of my edit at the end of the day. (this file happens not be to kept in a OneDrive sync folder...).

thanks SW

File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified] f2449fcd-be2f-4d3c-83b6-945656807bb2?upload=true.jpg

File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified] 951b9ff7-0827-489c-b4d2-9928f1a32783?upload=true.jpg

:)

stephanweaver, Dec 4, 2019

2. File Explorer/Quick Access

I recently started having a problem with File Explorer and Quick Access. When I start my computer, all works fine but then gradually the files as listed in File Explorer and Quick Access start to disappear and soon there are none present. I need to
    restart and again they are there but also again they start to disappear. Has anyone else had this problem and any suggestion to correct? Thanks/

Moved from: Windows 10 / Ease of access / PC

William L Hurley, Dec 4, 2019
  3. BillMNYC Win User
    Windows Explorer is slow to update "date modified" and hampers searching for most recently updated files

Windows Explorer doesn't seem to be keeping up with "date modified". E.g. I modify a file in Word then save it to my local drive. Then I open Windows Explorer and sort by Date Modified. The file I just saved should be displayed at the top of the file
    list, but it doesn't. I have to also add that it "sometimes" works, but most of the time, it doesn't. It seems like it takes several minutes for the file system to update to sort by Date Modified. Any suggestions?

BillMNYC, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified]

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified]

1. File Explorer Quick Access/Recent files displays incorrect [Date modified] - Similar Threads - File Explorer Quick

2. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  3. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  4. Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10: Until recently the Quick Access list at the top of the left pane of Windows File Explorer has displayed a list of 4 or 5 folders/Subfolders that are the folders that I have been using most often recently. This list has disappeared recently - I don't know what caused it to go....
  5. Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10: Until recently the Quick Access list at the top of the left pane of Windows File Explorer has displayed a list of 4 or 5 folders/Subfolders that are the folders that I have been using most often recently. This list has disappeared recently - I don't know what caused it to go....
  6. Displaying recently used folders in Quick access in File Explorer Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Quick Access & Recent files

Quick Access & Recent files: Hi i want to increase the number of "recent files" shown in the quick access function to more than 20, ideally 50. I don't want workarounds or rely on me pinning things, I just want to see more than 20 recent files. The current limit is a hindrance to my work as 20 files...
  8. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files: Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why? Thanks, David...
  9. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  10. File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files: For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes 58261