Windows 10: File Explorer quits working

Discus and support File Explorer quits working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 laptops that have recently been restored to factory settings, one was to Windows 8.1 Pro, the other to 7.1. I then upgraded them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. rboppy Win User

File Explorer quits working

Hi,

I have 2 laptops that have recently been restored to factory settings, one was to Windows 8.1 Pro, the other to 7.1. I then upgraded them to Windows 10 via Microsoft.

They both seem to work except, once in awhile (at least daily) File Explorer refuses to start and I have to restart in order to work.

Any suggestions or solutions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jim

:)

rboppy, Mar 3, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Internet Explorer quits working

Hi Dianne,

An outdated browser is one of the possible causes why Internet Explorer crashes when you play a game. To isolate your concern, kindly answer the following:

• How are you connected to the internet? Is it via Wi-Fi or Ethernet?
    • Have you tried play the game in a different web browser to see if the issue persists?
    Meanwhile, kindly follow these steps to help you resolve your concern:

Method 1: Clear your browsing history. You may refer to this
    link

Method 2: Reset the web browser. Open Internet Explorer> Settings> Internet Options> Advanced> Reset...> Apply> OK.

Note: Please save your important credentials and web pages to a cloud storage or external drive to avoid data loss.

After doing these steps, please restart the computer.

Raymond Ave, Mar 3, 2016
Thema:

File Explorer quits working

1. File Explorer quits working - Similar Threads - File Explorer quits

2. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  3. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  4. bluetooth quit working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth quit working: i have a Lanova laptop that is less than a year old that had bluetooth when I bought it. A couple days ago it just quit working for no apparent reason. It still shows up in my settings but when I try to use it nothing works. The troubleshooter tells me my computer is not...
  5. Monitor quit working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor quit working: I had an extra monitor plugged in for months, then it just went black and read "Input Not Supported". I checked the display settings and accidentally clicked the "just show on monitor 2", now both screens are black when plugged into each other. Help please! The computer and...
  6. Windows explorer burn to disc option quit working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer burn to disc option quit working: I have been using windows explorer to burn data disks up until about a month ago. When I select the drive to open it gives me this error: [ATTACH] The funny thing is that I can take the same disk and it works fine in another computer. I have tried three different types of...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer Jump List Link In Taskbar Quit Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File Explorer Jump List Link In Taskbar Quit Working: My File Explorer jump list no longer works properly. When I <Attempt to pin Documents link.png>, the <Documents link is not pinned.png>, although other apps are OK - e.g., pinning <Works with NoteTab.png>. Also, the "Recent" file list does not work in File Explorer. When I...
  8. Bluetooth quit working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth quit working: i have a bluetooth usb device which was working before the last patch, now i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it says it has connected to my bluetooth headset but it is not connecting. any help would be appricated Thank you!...
  9. screensaver quits working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screensaver quits working: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 10. My screensaver quits working after a while, I get a black screen with message error caused your screensaver to stop working. Unable to fix. I have tried different things I know to do but nothing works. Help!...
  10. File history has quit working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history has quit working: I have my File History set for every 12 hours, and keep for 1 month, it has been working since June or July, so I check it once a week to verify that it's still working. It stopped last week, right after I checked it. All the settings are the same, any ideas? 64693