Windows 10: File Explorer randomly crashing when using Task View

Discus and support File Explorer randomly crashing when using Task View in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; File Explorer crashes randomly when using Task View. Happens about 50% of the time when I click on Task View. anyone encounter this problem? submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yaztech, Feb 7, 2020.

1. File Explorer randomly crashing when using Task View

File Explorer crashes randomly when using Task View. Happens about 50% of the time when I click on Task View. anyone encounter this problem?

submitted by /u/yaztech
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yaztech, Feb 7, 2020

2. Files in File Explorer crashes on Windows 10

Hi Anubhav,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue;

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the system randomly freezes?
    • Does the system freeze specific to any particular task on your computer?

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance

• Click on Next to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Method 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing files in File explorer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 7, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer randomly crashing when using Task View

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer randomly crashing when using Task View

1. File Explorer randomly crashing when using Task View - Similar Threads - File Explorer randomly

2. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: I have been experiencing crashes of explorer.exe whenever I use Task View. Searching online for answers brought me to several pages asking for a crash dump. Literally minutes after adding the reg key I experienced another crash. My crash dump is...
  3. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: I have been experiencing crashes of explorer.exe whenever I use Task View. Searching online for answers brought me to several pages asking for a crash dump. Literally minutes after adding the reg key I experienced another crash. My crash dump is...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: Every time I launch Task View, Windows Explorer crashes.Here is the entry in the Windows Application log:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp: 0x2885d2b8Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp:...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer crashes when clicking on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes when clicking on Task View: Hi,Windows Explorer is crashing randomly when I click on the TaskView button in the TaskBar. I already found a topic here saying I should create a user mode dump file, and I did. However I cannot analyze it myself.Here is the dump file:...
  7. Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View

Windows 10 Explorer crashes on Task View: Every few times I run Task View, Windows Explorer crashes and restarts. This does cause some issues, ie. shortcuts disappear from the notification tray, tabs get moved, etc.Below is a link to the dmp file created. I'm not certain how to read this. Does this identify a...
  8. Explorer randomly crashing when using open with.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer randomly crashing when using open with.: Running 1909, but my computer has been doing this since 1809. whenever i select open with from the right click menu, explorer shits the bed and i'm left with no working icons. doesn't always happen though, only at random. ie: some days, open with works fine, then a few...
  9. File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer keeps crashing when viewing photos: I read in another thread that this is an issue with other software that I am using, but I can't make head nor tail of the error message. Is there someone that can help with this. It is driving me crazy. Using windows 10. I believe it is all up to date. Source Windows...
  10. Task View Crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task View Crashing: So I've been trying to make use of task view on my laptop but for some reason it keeps crashing. No matter if I use three fingers to swipe up on my trackpad, or try to access it via my task bar, the task view would open and then, in less than 2 seconds, it automatically...