Windows 10: File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray

Discus and support File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an OLD Dell OptiPlex 745 (yeah, I know --- hopefully, you guys aren't laughing too hard) with Windows 10 installed, latest updates (06/27/2019),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J.R.Davis, Jul 5, 2019.

1. J.R.Davis Win User

File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray

I have an OLD Dell OptiPlex 745 (yeah, I know --- hopefully, you guys aren't laughing too hard) with Windows 10 installed, latest updates (06/27/2019), and the whole spiel. For some strange reason, occasionally a File Explorer dialog window pops up requesting a CD be inserted in the CD-DVD drive, opening the tray within a few seconds. I see no apparent malware / virus problems. Again, these occurrences seem to be pretty random, and I learned to live with this glitch, annoying though they may be.

Any ideas as to what the problem is, and how to squash it? (Short of buying a new PC right now---lol!)

:)

J.R.Davis, Jul 5, 2019

2. DVD tray opens at startup - How to cancel this

Sorry,

This did not help.

Just to clarify, the DVD player works as expected, it is that each time that I logon, the file explorer opens the tray and asks to insert a CD/DVD ... "customization" ?

Brgds

Esbee_1502, Jul 5, 2019
  3. CD tray will not open

Short of buying a new laptop, is there a way to fix this problem?

You have several options:

• Straighten a paper clip, then push it into the small hole in the CD tray drawer. This will open the tray.
    • Create a shortcut like this one:
      nircmdc.exe cdrom open F:. NirCmd is freely downloadable.
    • Purchase a new CD tray from the distributor. They are easy to replace.
    • Replace the laptop.

Frederik Long, Jul 5, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray - Similar Threads - File Explorer Randomly

2. no cd\dvd in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no cd\dvd in file explorer: file explorer no showing cd\dvd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cddvd-in-file-explorer/8b78080c-70ab-47be-a862-4a7f233c59fa
  3. windows 10 cd/dvd file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 cd/dvd file explorer: I can not burn file to my dvd/cd from file explorer since last windows 10 undate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cddvd-file-explorer/4d55ab0b-0695-4dca-aa47-24b7ac3d98f9
  4. File Explorer opens randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer opens randomly: Hi, I have a problem and is that yesterday my pc was lagging because I had a 3d rendering software eating all the RAM, so all the other tasks suffer lagging as a consequence, so I decided to close everything except task manager and the program. When it finished, I used the...
  5. CD/DVD icon not showing in Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    CD/DVD icon not showing in Windows File Explorer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At one time, Floppy drives, CDs and DVDs used to be a primary source of external storage for many, before USB storage devices took over. Nowadays, many devices do not even come with a built-in CD or DVD writer or [...] This post CD/DVD icon not showing in...
  6. CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD drive not listed in File Explorer: Earlier today, my cd/dvd drive disappeared from File Explorer. I insert a dvd and it spins, but nothing happens after that. I walked through some CMD prompts with support tech to no avail. I have uninstalled in Device Manager and rebooted - nada. I can see the drive in...
  7. CD/DVD tray will not open

CD/DVD tray will not open: Is it possible that this machines doesn't have a tray? I don't see it. Is there an other way to load software? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Andy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-tray-will-not-open/f66fca3f-9772-4984-ab8b-c5922012b944
  8. Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple's iTunes for Windows opens CD/DVD Drive tray on exit: Apple probably calls this a feature...but apparently a lot of users of iTunes for Windows are seeing their CD/DVD drives open the tray every time they exit iTunes for Windows (including me). This started after either a recent Windows 10 update or an iTunes update (or maybe...
  9. cd tray not opening

cd tray not opening: I cant get my cd tray to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cd-tray-not-opening/20eb9a3f-c6d3-461e-9e76-1ebc21a94dca
  10. CD/DVD not showing on file explorer

CD/DVD not showing on file explorer: I noticed that on my W10 build, that the cd/dvd (Drive D: in my case) does not show on file explorer. However if I put a blank disk or a disk with data, it will show. This behavior is different than Win7, which always shows the cd/dvd drive. Is this a problem or feature??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nircmdc.exe cdrom open F:.

2. windows 10 opens cd tray randomly dell

3. how do i open the cd drawer on my computer

4. windows opens tray in copy