Windows 10: File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file

Discus and support File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been running windows version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1348 for a few weeks. I'd give you the exact time frame, but the update history report goes into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SweetTasha, Dec 3, 2021.

1. File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file

I've been running windows version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1348 for a few weeks. I'd give you the exact time frame, but the update history report goes into a never-ending sub-task. I've found that, when I add or rename a file that's being displayed in File Explorer, it doesn't show the added file and it does show the name of the renamed file. I could be wrong, but I don't believe it used to happen that way. So is it: a. my faulty memory, b. working as designed, OR a bug in 21H2?I will open another question for the update history issue.TIA for your help.SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Dec 3, 2021
  2. PawelC Win User

Renaming File in File Explorer

this is external USB drive when renamed Documents file after sync
    File explorer shows new name AsusDocuments210724

File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file [​IMG]

but when checked in command prompt it is still showing old name

File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file [​IMG]

i'm puzzled.

PawelC, Dec 3, 2021
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 3, 2021
  4. jaydeee Win User

File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file :)

jaydeee, Dec 3, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file

1. File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file - Similar Threads - File Explorer requires

2. Open extracted files in new tab instead of new instance of explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open extracted files in new tab instead of new instance of explorer: In windows explorer when a zip file is extracted a new window is opened that contains the extracted files. Is it possible to open the folder in the same instance of explorer in a new tab?...
  3. Open extracted files in new tab instead of new instance of explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open extracted files in new tab instead of new instance of explorer: In windows explorer when a zip file is extracted a new window is opened that contains the extracted files. Is it possible to open the folder in the same instance of explorer in a new tab?...
  4. File Explorer renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer renaming: I have subfolders X, Y, and Z in a multi-subfolder folder. In Windows 10, if I wished to change X and Y, I would click the filename of X, wait a second and click it again. I would type in the new X name to change the filename, and single-click the Y folder,. The X filename...
  5. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  6. File Explorer was Renamed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  7. File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file: I've been running windows version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1348 for a few weeks. I'd give you the exact time frame, but the update history report goes into a never-ending sub-task. I've found that, when I add or rename a file that's being displayed in File Explorer, it doesn't...
  8. File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer requires opening a new instance to show an added or renamed file: I've been running windows version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1348 for a few weeks. I'd give you the exact time frame, but the update history report goes into a never-ending sub-task. I've found that, when I add or rename a file that's being displayed in File Explorer, it doesn't...
  9. Renaming File in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming File in File Explorer: this is external USB drive when renamed Documents file after sync File explorer shows new name AsusDocuments210724 but when checked in command prompt it is still showing old name i'm puzzled. 183010
  10. Trying to open a pdf file opens new File Explorer Search instance?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to open a pdf file opens new File Explorer Search instance?: I'm using: Edition: Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Installed: 10/‎6/‎2020OS build: 19042.1083Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0Each time I try opening a document/file, a new instance of File Explorer opens to the Search feature with a message telling me...