Windows 10: File explorer reset by itself

Discus and support File explorer reset by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please, after I installed IDM 6.31 build 8, file explorer reset by itself more than one time 119714 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ahmmad Hegazy, Oct 12, 2018.

1. File explorer reset by itself

Please, after I installed IDM 6.31 build 8, file explorer reset by itself more than one time

:)

Ahmmad Hegazy, Oct 12, 2018
  2. John Ado Win User

File Explorer resetting to Details after Anniversary Update

Hi,

Let's get this sorted out. We suggest you try these troubleshooting steps:

• Start the Windows in clean boot. To do this, follow the steps
      here
    • Once in clean boot environment, change the settings again to set it back to
      List
      . Normally, changing the view style in the bottom right of the window and exiting File Explorer should do the trick. The next time you open File Explorer, it should default to the last view style selected.
    • If the issue persist, let's run SFC scan to look for corrupted files. Here's
      how
    • Restart the computer normally.

Share with us the results.

Thanks.

John Ado, Oct 13, 2018
  3. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer reset by itself

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

File explorer reset by itself

1. File explorer reset by itself - Similar Threads - File explorer reset

2. File explorer messed up by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer messed up by itself: All of a sudden, after a reboot, File Explorer on Windows 11 decided to break and is currently in an unusable state.Basically I have only "Home" and "Desktop" in the navigation Pane. See screenshots.Below "Desktop" I find all the folders of the computer. On my Desktop I see...
  3. File explorer messed up by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer messed up by itself: All of a sudden, after a reboot, File Explorer on Windows 11 decided to break and is currently in an unusable state.Basically I have only "Home" and "Desktop" in the navigation Pane. See screenshots.Below "Desktop" I find all the folders of the computer. On my Desktop I see...
  4. Profile reset itself Files are gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Profile reset itself Files are gone: Hello everyone,the profile ist reset tself and all data has been lost. This usually happens when the computer is not connected to the company's network for a long time, but it also happens to users who are connected to the company's network every day. The same thing happens...
  5. Profile reset itself Files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile reset itself Files are gone: Hello everyone,the profile ist reset tself and all data has been lost. This usually happens when the computer is not connected to the company's network for a long time, but it also happens to users who are connected to the company's network every day. The same thing happens...
  6. Profile reset itself Files are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.: I noticed that when I move a file for example on my desktop I can't see it unless I'll refresh by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking on refresh. Some weeks ago it did refresh automatically. Why it isn't happening right now? submitted by /u/zKyros_ [link]...
  8. file explorer/window explorer closes by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorer/window explorer closes by itself: I always use file explorer (used to be windows explorer). Anyhow, after opening the file explorer, it closes by itself after 30 minutes or so. Any solution of disabling it? I have Windows 10 Pro....
  9. file explorer keeps opening itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    file explorer keeps opening itself: (This is a new PC with Windows 10 home, version 1803, OS build 17134.619. With an USB external drive is connected (as d:\ drive), file explorer keeps reporting problem (with the drive) and then opens the file explorer. This keeps going on and on by itself. Each time a...
  10. File Explorer shuts down by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shuts down by itself: When I open File Explorer it immediately shuts down. Then I need to reopen it 1 or 2 times & then it is okay. Hope someone can help. Many Thanks, 52068

Users found this page by searching for:

1. File explorer resetted by itself