Windows 10: File explorer restarts anytime i click on an app icon in the taskbar after the latest update

Discus and support File explorer restarts anytime i click on an app icon in the taskbar after the latest update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time i click on an app icon in the taskbar, or try to drag the taskbar which doesn't work, all of the app icons disappear, then reappear again;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sinensia, Jun 12, 2021.

1. sinensia Win User

File explorer restarts anytime i click on an app icon in the taskbar after the latest update

Every time i click on an app icon in the taskbar, or try to drag the taskbar which doesn't work, all of the app icons disappear, then reappear again; and all of the file explorer folders that had been open are closed. Basically it looks like the file explorer is restarting. Can i do anything about this?

:)

sinensia, Jun 12, 2021
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Farvatten Win User
    Windows Explorer taskbar icon issue.

I think you need to 'Pin to Taskbar' the File Explorer found under Start > All Apps > Windows System > File Explorer.

Then every File Explorer window will appear listed under this one Taskbar icon with the Beige Folder.

File explorer restarts anytime i click on an app icon in the taskbar after the latest update [​IMG]

Farvatten, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

File explorer restarts anytime i click on an app icon in the taskbar after the latest update

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. File explorer restarts anytime i click on an app icon in the taskbar after the latest update - Similar Threads - File explorer restarts

2. Explorer.exe crashing when I click on the explorer icon on the taskbar after recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe crashing when I click on the explorer icon on the taskbar after recent updates: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 and after recent updates, Explorer.exe crashes when I click on the Explorer icon on the taskbar.Here's the log data:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.25982.1000, time stamp: 0x9891ef0dFaulting module name: explorerframe.dll,...
  3. Explorer.exe crashing when I click on the explorer icon on the taskbar after recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe crashing when I click on the explorer icon on the taskbar after recent updates: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 and after recent updates, Explorer.exe crashes when I click on the Explorer icon on the taskbar.Here's the log data:Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.25982.1000, time stamp: 0x9891ef0dFaulting module name: explorerframe.dll,...
  4. Taskbar resets when I click on File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar resets when I click on File Explorer: I noticed this problem on Sunday 9/17 after I had installed two recent Microsoft updates. Whenever I click on the File Explorer icon in the taskbar the taskbar resets disappears and re-appears. I uninstalled the updates, but the problem still exists and happens almost...
  5. Taskbar resets when I click on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar resets when I click on File Explorer: I noticed this problem on Sunday 9/17 after I had installed two recent Microsoft updates. Whenever I click on the File Explorer icon in the taskbar the taskbar resets disappears and re-appears. I uninstalled the updates, but the problem still exists and happens almost...
  6. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons for File Explorer: I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through. For example, if I'm looking at my...
  7. File Explorer icon on TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer icon on TASKBAR: I clicked "something" and the File Explorer icon has disappeared. Can't find how to reactivate and pin it to the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/aa43e35f-8e49-4f9f-b66b-7465e1862762
  8. Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on?: Curious if this is doable via a third party app. submitted by /u/pincushiondude [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0zeed/way_to_open_explorer_app_windows_in_the_screen_i/
  9. Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in taskbar?: Hi all, I have many folders pinned in my Quick Access, which I like that way (see screenshot below). [ATTACH] (clickable) But now, when I do a right click on the icon of a File Explorer folder on the taskbar, I get this huge column of Quick Access links and Recent...
  10. file explorer icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    file explorer icon on taskbar: My "file explorer icon" has disappeared from my taskbar. don't know how or when. where do I find it or how do I put it back there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/393db9be-718c-4052-92b0-e76ac3d3052c