Windows 10: File Explorer Ribbon Missing - Windows 10 2004

Discus and support File Explorer Ribbon Missing - Windows 10 2004 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is missing. I have attached a screenshot. Any help would be appreciated. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by inf1425, Jul 13, 2020.

1. inf1425 Win User

File Explorer Ribbon Missing - Windows 10 2004

I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is missing. I have attached a screenshot. Any help would be appreciated.

This problem started long after the Windows 2004 update. I have not installed any updates in the past 2 weeks.

File Explorer Ribbon Missing - Windows 10 2004 [​IMG]

:)

inf1425, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Ribbon missing in the task explorer, the libraries and also the text which appears on the title bar are also missing.

Hi Ajeeth,

Please let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to assist you better.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

To Show Ribbon in File Explorer for Your Account from QAT. Right click or press and hold on an empty area of the Ribbon tab bar, and click/tap on Minimize the Ribbon to check it. (see screenshot below)

File Explorer Ribbon Missing - Windows 10 2004 [​IMG]

Let us know the status of the issue in regards with file explorer. Your reply is most important assist you further. Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Anne Fuj Win User

File Explorer Ribbon or Tool Bar

Hello,

We understand that you want to keep the ribbon open in File Explorer.

There are ways on how to achieve this. Here are some of it. Kindly check the methods below:

Hide or show the Ribbon using a Registry tweak

• Open Registry Editor.
    • Go to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

If this key does not exist, just create it.
    • Create or modify the 32-bit DWORD value named ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized. explorerribbonstartsminimized

Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always minimized, set the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized value data to 3.
      • To start Explorer with the Ribbon always maximized, set it to 4. Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.
      • Delete the ExplorerRibbonStartsMinimized parameter to restore the default behavior.

Using a Group Policy tweak, you can force Explorer to always start with the Ribbon minimized.

• Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard.
    • The Run box will appear. Type the following in the Run box and then press Enter:
      • gpedit.msc
    • In the left pane of Group Policy Editor, navigate to the following path:
      • User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ File Explorer
    • Now locate the setting called Start File Explorer with Ribbon minimized in the right pane and double click it. The policy configuration window will open.
    • Set the option to the "Enabled" state and pick the option below it which is suitable for you.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer Ribbon Missing - Windows 10 2004 - Similar Threads - File Explorer Ribbon

2. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  3. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  4. reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer: Somehow, I've accidently removed the File Explorer ribbon above Clear Access. The small arrow does not now appear next to the FE icon at top right. How to fix without going through Registry?I was trying to find a way to widen the navigation Pane because it is suddenly too...
  5. reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer: Somehow, I've accidently removed the File Explorer ribbon above Clear Access. The small arrow does not now appear next to the FE icon at top right. How to fix without going through Registry?I was trying to find a way to widen the navigation Pane because it is suddenly too...
  6. reset a missing ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File explorer ribbon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer ribbon missing: I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is just missing. I looked through a few old forum posts on here, but they suggest opening the drop down menu at the top, which is also somehow missing for me. Attached a screenshot. Any help would be...
  8. File Explorer - ribbon went missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - ribbon went missing: I have Windows 10. How do I get back my top ribbon on my screen when I open File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-ribbon-went-missing/e1a47144-e2d5-40d6-af45-2580bc1bf681"
  9. Missing Explorer Ribbon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Explorer Ribbon.: I have no explorer ribbon and not sure what happened to it. Been rather busy lately with other things, so maybe it was never there on install and didn't take notice... not sure. I just know it's not there now. Any help greatly appreciated. 115512
  10. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956