Windows 10: File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder

Discus and support File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open Windows 10 File Explorer from the Task Bar and choose Home, Share or View, the resulting ribbon covers the top few lines of the opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Nov 1, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder

When I open Windows 10 File Explorer from the Task Bar and choose Home, Share or View, the resulting ribbon covers the top few lines of the opened folder or files. How can I cause the ribbon to "bump" down the folder so that I can see the top few lines?

I hope I have phrased my question coherently.

Thank you very much.

:)

JJG10, Nov 1, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

file explorer

Hi Liam,

In file explorer, right click and choose New - Folder

Or at the top on the Home Ribbon, click New Folder

DaveM121, Nov 1, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    I do not want icons in my folder views. How do I replace icons with file names?

In Windows File Explorer open a folder of files

On the View Ribbon, under Layout, click 'Details' or 'List'

In fact click any of the options there until you are happy with the view

Once you are happy with the view, click the Options button on the right hand side of the View Ribbon

At the top, set Open File Explorer to: This PC

On the View Tab of the dialog, click 'Apply to Folders'

Click Apply and OK

From then on all folders on your PC should look like the folder view you just set

DaveM121, Nov 1, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Click on the 'Pin' button when you open the ribbon:

File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder [​IMG]

or right click on the closed ribbon and uncheck 'Minimize the Ribbon':

File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder [​IMG]

(if you leave it like that, it will always open exposed)

Edwin, Nov 2, 2015
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Super! That worked like a charm.

Thank you.

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer Ribbons Cover Top Lines of Folder - Similar Threads - File Explorer Ribbons

2. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  3. File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ribbon / Menu Missing: As you can see from the inserted picture, the tab, and menu or ribbon do not show on File Explorer. This is an intermittent issue, and sometimes clears up if I close and restart File Explorer, and sometimes I have to restart the computer.I have done a clean reinstall of...
  4. "move to" function on File Explorer ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "move to" function on File Explorer ribbon: i want to have the "move to" function back on my File Explorer ribbon menu. help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-to-function-on-file-explorer-ribbon/e6570124-d6c1-4c0f-ac4f-5fe2f936b6ea
  5. File explorer ribbon blank not hidden

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer ribbon blank not hidden: This window is maximized, but I cannot access most of the ribbon or minimize/maximize/close or navigation buttons. Sometimes this happens in Chrome and can be fixed by F11 full screen open and close. However, that does not work in file explorer. It's such a pain not to have...
  6. Top Bar / ribbon not showing windows 10 file explorer

Top Bar / ribbon not showing windows 10 file explorer: as you can see the top bar isn't showing.Any way to fix quick please answerthanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-bar-ribbon-not-showing-windows-10-file/62cb875b-ec88-4d4c-9013-15e38dd5f2db
  7. File explorer ribbon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer ribbon missing: I am on windows 10 build 2004. For some reason, my explorer ribbon is just missing. I looked through a few old forum posts on here, but they suggest opening the drop down menu at the top, which is also somehow missing for me. Attached a screenshot. Any help would be...
  8. File Explorer ribbon is blank

File Explorer ribbon is blank: [ATTACH]A couple days ago after Windows did an update, suddenly the Ribbon in File Explorer is always blank. Have done few more updates, hoping it would sort itself out, but it hasn't. Also started in Safe Mode, and it the issue is still there....
  9. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  10. The ribbon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    The ribbon in File Explorer: Has any one figured out how to take the system tab off the ribbon in File Explorer? 28956