Windows 10: File Explorer Right Click Delay

Discus and support File Explorer Right Click Delay in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 64bit Pro; Windows File Explorer This problem occurs with Pictures Screenshot *.png files and maybe others. After screenshot is taken,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnes39, Mar 25, 2020.

1. johnes39 Win User

File Explorer Right Click Delay

Windows 10 64bit Pro; Windows File Explorer

This problem occurs with Pictures Screenshot *.png files and maybe others.

After screenshot is taken, right click the *.png file. The blue circle busy icon appears for about 30 seconds before the context menu appears. Afterward a right click on the same file opens the context menu right away.

Is there a fix for this behavior?

Thanks much...

John S.

:)

johnes39, Mar 25, 2020

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 25, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Delay on file explorer operations of about 2 to 3 seconds

Yes, That was my post in 8 forum. However, step 5 in that post will not work with Windows 10. I updated here:
    Right Click on Desktop take long time to show up - Windows 10 Forums

In addition. Incompatible Shell extensions is one of the cause. Delay can be caused by other things such as:
    1. Explorer is busy re-discovering the mapped drive because the DNS Cache was not up to date.
    2. Corrupted Systems Files
    3. Corrupted HD drives
    4. External HD need time to wake up
    5. Corrupted Video/Audio files which explorer is busy trying to build the thumb nails
    6. etc...

It resolved by itself because the DNS was updated.

topgundcp, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer Right Click Delay - Similar Threads - File Explorer Right

2. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  3. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  4. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  5. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  6. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  7. File Explorer opening folders slow/right click delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer opening folders slow/right click delay?: Happened to me on almost every Windows installation I've used, despite average specs it almost feels like a curse. File Explorer keeps taking ~2 seconds not responding when I try to open any folder (regardless of contents), and sometimes a minute not responding when I right...
  8. Right click hangs for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click hangs for File Explorer: I have an issue that just started, and I could use some help. I want to format a hard drive, but when I ues File Explorer and right click on it to do this, I just get " not responding" Can anyone help me to fix this please? Thank you...
  9. Delay in Right Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay in Right Click: Hi all, I am facing a problem in Right Click in mouse. Whenever I make a right click on blank space in Desktop or in File browser in order to "Refresh" or to create "New Folder" or any other purpose, it takes quite a bit of time (3 seconds) for the menu to pop-up. I don't...
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170