Windows 10: File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

Discus and support File Explorer "save as" folders not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnjaShaw, Feb 21, 2022.

1. AnjaShaw Win User

File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a ton of files that are organized by folders and sub-folders and sub-sub-folders. I usually just select the folder where the new file needs to go, save it there and I'm done. Without the left hand directory to use, I'm totally lost. The file can be saved, but I have to go to the address bar and manually type in the full addr

:)

AnjaShaw, Feb 21, 2022

2. Saving a file to a folder

Hi Dean,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• How are you accessing emails through web browser or through a mail client (mail app, outlook 2010/2013)?

• Are you trying to save the email attached file? Please elaborate.
    If you are using Outlook email, let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Try the below steps provided.

Step 1.

If you want to save only the attached file from the email, try the below step.

• Right click on the attached file and click on Save as.

• Now select a folder location where you want to save the attached file.
    Step 2.

If you want to save the file along with the email try the below steps provided.

• Open the mail you want to save and click on File on the top of the right side.

• Click on Save As and select a folder location where you want to save the email.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 21, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Open/Save Dialog not showing all folders/files

Hi Gary

In order to get a better idea of the problem, can you please provide a screenshot of a listing of those folders in Windows File Explorer and also in the Open/Save dialog, which shows folder that cannot be seen in that dialog . . .

DaveM121, Feb 21, 2022
  4. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

1. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing - Similar Threads - File Explorer save

2. Show number of files in folder in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show number of files in folder in Explorer?: Using Windows 11In Explorer it will show folders and files. For folders, is there a column/field I can add along with Name, Type, Date Created, etc that will show if there are files in that folder, or how many files are in that folder? I basically want to know if folders...
  3. Show number of files in folder in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show number of files in folder in Explorer?: Using Windows 11In Explorer it will show folders and files. For folders, is there a column/field I can add along with Name, Type, Date Created, etc that will show if there are files in that folder, or how many files are in that folder? I basically want to know if folders...
  4. BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer: Following recent updates on Windows 10 on both my PC And Laptop I am no longer able to see all the files on my external hard drive. It is a WD My Cloud and File Explorer now only shows Music, Photos and Videos and not the Smartware folder containg my backups. The folder is...
  5. BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer: Following recent updates on Windows 10 on both my PC And Laptop I am no longer able to see all the files on my external hard drive. It is a WD My Cloud and File Explorer now only shows Music, Photos and Videos and not the Smartware folder containg my backups. The folder is...
  6. BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer

7. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "save as" folders not showing: Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a...
  8. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

File Explorer "save as" folders not showing: Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a...
  9. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  10. 'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer: About a month ago, I couldn’t get either the Edge browser or the Windows ‘dashboard’ to come up. I thought the problem must be with Microsoft (Chrome still worked), so I called their tech hotline to get some help. The guy did solve my problems, but I noticed when I...