Windows 10: File explorer save options view

Discus and support File explorer save options view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got upgraded to the new File Explorer. I am a photographer and a collector of images. I have hundreds of folders and subfolders. I know exactly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Plug199, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Plug199 Win User

File explorer save options view

I just got upgraded to the new File Explorer.
    I am a photographer and a collector of images. I have hundreds of folders and subfolders. I know exactly where they are because they are listed alphabetically.
    Now with this File Explorer upgrade they are listed by date. I've changed this in View/Options etc and set this to My PC so it displays as it did in Windows Explorer as well as setting the general Order to None.
    This gives me the format display I want.
    However as soon as I want to save an image it insists on reverting to the date last accessed view. Frequently I want to save an image or file to a folder I haven't accessed in some time. I now have to read every folder date until I get to the one I need. With hundreds of these folders you can imagine it takes me ages.
    Is there a way to set this back to the older style or No Order or have Microsoft just made my workflow significantly slower?

Thanks

:)

Plug199, Feb 9, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

file explorer view options

Hi Anna

At the top of Explorer, do you not see the View Ribbon, and if that is not expanded, if you double click that is should stay expanded

Another option, in Files Explorer is, navigate to a folder, then press Ctrl and scroll up or down, that will work the view through all options (List, Details, Small Icons, Large Icons . . etc.)

DaveM121, Feb 9, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 9, 2020
  4. File explorer save options view

How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

File explorer save options view

1. File explorer save options view - Similar Threads - File explorer save

2. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  3. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  4. File Explorer - Save As options help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer - Save As options help: How do I stop Windows from remembering the last folder I saved to? I don't know how else to ask this but when I click 'Save As' on a web document or a picture in Google Chrome, I don't want the file explorer prompt to open to the last folder I saved a doc or image to. I just...
  5. File Explorer - Save As options help

File Explorer - Save As options help: How do I stop Windows from remembering the last folder I saved to? I don't know how else to ask this but when I click 'Save As' on a web document or a picture in Google Chrome, I don't want the file explorer prompt to open to the last folder I saved a doc or image to. I just...
  6. File Explorer - Save As options help

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. File Explorer - Save As options help

8. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue from Word or Excel, the file explorer navigation pane within the Save As dialogue shows her mapped...
  9. File explorer view from Save As dialogue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer view from Save As dialogue: A colleague has asked from some assistance. In file explorer, the navigation pane shows her mapped drives as drive letter, folder. However, when she invokes the save as dialogue, the file explorer navigation pane shows her mapped drives as folder, drive letter. Is there a...
  10. file explorer view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...