Windows 10: File Explorer Scroll Lag

Discus and support File Explorer Scroll Lag in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been experiencing lag when scrolling down the file tree in my file explorer. My mouse properties are fine and I am currently only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gerardo Baron, Jul 20, 2020.

1. File Explorer Scroll Lag

Hello, I have been experiencing lag when scrolling down the file tree in my file explorer. My mouse properties are fine and I am currently only experiencing this issue on my file explorer. I already reinstalled my GPU drivers but I have been unsuccessful in fixing this issue. Any help would be appreciated it.

:)

Gerardo Baron, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Lagging File Explorer

How old is your HDD?

If it is starting to fail (e.g. developing dodgy blocks/sectors) you can experience long delays when you try to access files on it.

Regardless of its age, I would suggest that you immediately backup your:
    • Personal files
    • Driver installers
    • Program installers and keys

lehnerus2000, Jul 20, 2020
  4. File Explorer Scroll Lag

slow movement when scrolling left listview in file explorer windows 10

I tried my surface pro4 and Lenovo yoga pro 3, both with touch ability. My issue is when I scrolling the file explorer, the left side of listview which show the folder list, it was very lag when I scrolling, seems like very slow response and the bottom of
    the list looks like barcode line.

Is it related to the graphic? Both laptop are new.

Edward7097, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Scroll Lag

1. File Explorer Scroll Lag - Similar Threads - File Explorer Scroll

2. File explorer scrolls automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer scrolls automatically: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an...
  3. File explorer lag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer lag: Whenever I try use a click a file on file explorer it just stays there and load I tried waiting but it did this for about an a hour and its not just click files i tried to format my SD card and it just stayed there loading and when I try to unzip anything it just stays there...
  4. File explorer graphics lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer graphics lag: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kronendal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ga3pqv/file_explorer_graphics_lag/
  5. File explorer lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer lagging: Hi! I have the following problem: I use Win 10 on my Dell notebook, and when I open the Windows File Explorer and try to resize it, then it starts lagging. This can be very annoying. Other applications work well without problem. What could be the problem? Can anyone help me?...
  6. File Explorer scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer scrolling issue: Whenever scrolling down the page of files whether it's word docs, music, photos, etc. my screen will automatically without provocation scroll back to the top of the page. When renaming files it is very problematic. Is there a solution?...
  7. File Explorer lags

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer lags: I have a new Dell laptop, 64 bit, 8 gigs running Windows 10 Pro. This machine worked fine but I downloaded a zip file. After that I found that when I clicked and dragged my cursor to select some files , it results in a good deal of lag. The object was highlighted, File...
  8. Lagging File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Lagging File Explorer: I seem to have done something in file explorer on my desktop that I did not on my laptop. When I click on any hard drive or large folder, the search bar takes forever to show the files. This used to happen in W7 and continues to do so in W10. I have tried to find where to...
  9. File Explorer is lagging and freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer is lagging and freezing: This is a very annoying problem I have in Windows 10. It has been like this for 2 weeks and after a lot of searching and posting in forums, I haven't got any fix whatsoever. I'll explain my problem: If I open This PC (for example) icon on my desktop, all of my RAM and CPU...
  10. scrolling in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    scrolling in File Explorer: My background is 3840 by 1080. I have 55 pictures in a Dropbox account of that size. When I click on one of the last ones, to make it background, or just to look at it... the scroll bar on the right goes right back up to the top. Windows 8 and 8.1 did the same. It is so...