Windows 10: File explorer scrolls automatically

Discus and support File explorer scrolls automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rwalk4, Sep 21, 2021.

1. rwalk4 Win User

File explorer scrolls automatically

How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an extremely frustrating bug. Please fix it or provide a viable work around. *****Original Title: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder*****

:)

rwalk4, Sep 21, 2021
  2. Deluneth Win User

Scroll bar keeps resetting in Windows File Explorer.

For some reason, when I'm browsing a long list of files, if I stop moving my scroll wheel for a few seconds, the scroll bar in the file explorer jumps back up to the very top. Which is annoying when I'm browsing a folder that has hundreds of files in it.
    This only happens in the file explorer. Any suggestions?

Deluneth, Sep 21, 2021
  3. File explorer scrolling issue

Hi,

My pc runs windows 10 and has just developed a really annoying fault.

When I open up file explorer, the left hand side pane that shows file lists scrolls down to the bottom automatically if the mouse highlights that pane, move off the side pane and it stops.

The upshot is I cant select anything in left hand [pane as it moves down automatically.

1878jonesy, Sep 21, 2021
  4. File explorer scrolls automatically

Windows File Explorer

Is there a way to stop the File Explorer from automatically scrolling back to the top when you are slowly scrolling down through the files?

When I am scrolling down through a list of files either dragging the bar or using the wheel on the mouse, after a short time the list jumps back to the top and I have to scroll down again to continue searching for what I want.

This also doesn't allow for scrolling down a list and leaving the list stationary while looking at it. It automatically scrolls back to top of list.

BRADHARFORD, Sep 21, 2021
Thema:

File explorer scrolls automatically

1. File explorer scrolls automatically - Similar Threads - File explorer scrolls

2. Explorer automatically scrolls up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer automatically scrolls up.: In Windows 11 I do not like that whenever I am on the below of a folder it automatically goes up.Please solve the issue. Because I literally paid/ I bought the genuine Windows 11 and I can't go to Windows 10 again....
  3. Explorer automatically scrolls up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer automatically scrolls up.: In Windows 11 I do not like that whenever I am on the below of a folder it automatically goes up.Please solve the issue. Because I literally paid/ I bought the genuine Windows 11 and I can't go to Windows 10 again....
  4. Automatic Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Scrolling: Is there a way to use the automatic scrolling in the text field of programs, in which it is not possible to activate it by clicking the mouse wheel?I use this funktion a lot, because it's very helpfull to read large texts on the computer, but there are some programms for...
  5. Automatic scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic scrolling: My computer does not let me use the scroll bar on my right, so I have to use the scroll wheel. Also, for some reason, my computer auto zooms. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-scrolling/5a40a063-5fd7-4412-8af8-c0a3594858a3
  6. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  7. File Explorer Scroll Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Scroll Lag: Hello, I have been experiencing lag when scrolling down the file tree in my file explorer. My mouse properties are fine and I am currently only experiencing this issue on my file explorer. I already reinstalled my GPU drivers but I have been unsuccessful in fixing this issue....
  8. Automatic scrolling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic scrolling?: Video below will show off the issue. Only happens in windows applications. I'm using a Razer Black Widow Chroma V2 and a Razer Deathadder Elite for a keyboard and mouse. The Razer sofware is up to date. https://reddit.com/link/gpc435/video/pqt9436irk051/player submitted by...
  9. File Explorer scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer scrolling issue: Whenever scrolling down the page of files whether it's word docs, music, photos, etc. my screen will automatically without provocation scroll back to the top of the page. When renaming files it is very problematic. Is there a solution?...
  10. scrolling in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    scrolling in File Explorer: My background is 3840 by 1080. I have 55 pictures in a Dropbox account of that size. When I click on one of the last ones, to make it background, or just to look at it... the scroll bar on the right goes right back up to the top. Windows 8 and 8.1 did the same. It is so...