Windows 10: File Explorer search bar not working

Discus and support File Explorer search bar not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kenna98, Dec 21, 2019.

1. kenna98 Win User

File Explorer search bar not working

I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on forever. I left it up for an hour and it was still searching when I came back. I even tried to look for files that I knew were on my computer and got the same result. I tried restarting File Explorer with the Taskbar and it didn't work.

I would be grateful for any help you guys might give me.

File Explorer search bar not working 964f8496-6ef5-4ad0-80c7-7bc6b7f16ea6?upload=true.png

:)

kenna98, Dec 21, 2019

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Dec 21, 2019
  3. whburling Win User
    search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

HI

Search does not work in task bar. Does work in File Explorer.

Tried another user account on machine....it fails as well in the exact same way.

Any suggestions?

bil

whburling, Dec 21, 2019
  4. File Explorer search bar not working

search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer search bar not working

1. File Explorer search bar not working - Similar Threads - File Explorer search

2. Windows 11 file explorer search bar not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer search bar not working!: Hello Microsoft,I have complaints to state regards to windows 11.I recently upgraded from windows 10 to 11, while working with it, I found out that it always lags and slows down the pc mostly when three to four programs are on the run and it takes time to open up programs...
  3. Windows 11 file explorer search bar not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 file explorer search bar not working!: Hello Microsoft,I have complaints to state regards to windows 11.I recently upgraded from windows 10 to 11, while working with it, I found out that it always lags and slows down the pc mostly when three to four programs are on the run and it takes time to open up programs...
  4. Search Bar and Explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar and Explorer not working: Two days ago I was navigating through my files then out of nowhere the Explorer crashed, I tried to open it again only for it to crash seconds after opening the folder again. While trying to fix the problem I also discovered that my Search Bar closed before I was able to type...
  5. windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer

in Cortana
    windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer: windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer did sfc dism https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working-or-search-in/7439bec3-97fa-4e3d-b4fd-946e6db94014
  6. File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working

in Cortana
    File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working: Hi, Recently I cannot search for files in the File Explorer search box and the Taskbar search option does not work. I have tried all these Under Task Manager, re-start File Explorer Under Task Manager - Details, cannot find Under File Explorer - View - Options -...
  7. Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar

in Cortana
    Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar: So yeah, my search bar is totally not responding and it is the same with file explorer's search bar, I restarted the PC, checked for updates and didin't delete anything. Anyone got some ideas? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  9. Search button/bar/file explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search button/bar/file explorer not working: I can't click any of the search buttons at all (they don't do anything). I have rebuilt the index, reset apps to default and restarted computer multiple times. I'm on insider build 19041.264 (version 2004). submitted by /u/AeonCaptain [link] [comments]...
  10. Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work: The search bar in my files explorer won't actually search anything, just to make it clear it isn't the search bar on the left but the smaller one on the right that won't actually do anything/highlight anything Screenshot - ae72785c768d4df8a79ce4627f494350 - Gyazo I used...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search bar in file explorer not working

2. file explorer search bar not working