Windows 10: File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

Discus and support File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 file explorer searches. When I search for an item, it brings back results in for the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LanceWindsor3, Apr 21, 2020.

1. File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

Good morning,

I am having a problem with my Windows 10 file explorer searches. When I search for an item, it brings back results in for the current folder and all subfolders as it should. When I click on "Current folder" in the search tools, however, it does nothing. I still see all results from all subfolders.

I believe this problem started after installing NVIDIA GeForce Experience and the latest NVIDIA driver. I tried to do a system restore, but it seems I dont have any restore points. That is another problem I will have to fix.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

:)

LanceWindsor3, Apr 21, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Apr 21, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 21, 2020
  4. enso Win User

File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

1. File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work - Similar Threads - File Explorer search

2. File Explorer: expand to current folder not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer: expand to current folder not working: Windows 11 Pro 22H2In file explorer the "expand to current folder" oèètion is enabled but it is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-expand-to-current-folder-not-working/c8d23e8c-de8e-4a5b-baf4-5b0251883c2d
  3. File Explorer: expand to current folder not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: expand to current folder not working: Windows 11 Pro 22H2In file explorer the "expand to current folder" oèètion is enabled but it is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-expand-to-current-folder-not-working/c8d23e8c-de8e-4a5b-baf4-5b0251883c2d
  4. Search Options is not working in the Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Options is not working in the Folders: Dear Team,I troubleshot several times the window search options but for a few minutes, it worked then later it displays as No items match your search. Enclosed the screenshot for your kind reference.Kindly advise for the same....
  5. Search Options is not working in the Folders

Search Options is not working in the Folders: Dear Team,I troubleshot several times the window search options but for a few minutes, it worked then later it displays as No items match your search. Enclosed the screenshot for your kind reference.Kindly advise for the same....
  6. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders: Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the...
  7. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders: Hi there!I work in sales and every year, I take all the quotes and orders I've done the past year and put them in a folder titled something like "Quotes 2021" or "Orders 2021". I regularly go back to those quotes or order to use them as a master or just to update the...
  8. File Explorer doesn't work in certain folders

9. The SEARCH option doesn't work.

in Cortana
    The SEARCH option doesn't work.: Dear Sir, I hope you can help me. From a few weeks ago the "search option" of my Windows S.O. doesn't work (neither the SEARCH BOX placed on the task bar nor the "search" option avaible when you right-click on the Windowns logo). Actions taken so far: - Windows Update...
  10. Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?

in Cortana
    Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?: [ATTACH] Indexing options shows a never-ending "Waiting to receive indexing status.." Clicking on Advanced causes it to freeze completely, can't even close the app without the use of Task Manager. Occasionally Modify will be ungreyed, but when I click it, it just loads...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Missing search tab - File Explorer Windows 10

2. windows 10 search current folder