Windows 10: File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

Discus and support File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning, I am having a problem with my Windows 10 file explorer searches. When I search for an item, it brings back results in for the current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LanceWindsor3, Apr 21, 2020.

1. File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

Good morning,

I am having a problem with my Windows 10 file explorer searches. When I search for an item, it brings back results in for the current folder and all subfolders as it should. When I click on "Current folder" in the search tools, however, it does nothing. I still see all results from all subfolders.

I believe this problem started after installing NVIDIA GeForce Experience and the latest NVIDIA driver. I tried to do a system restore, but it seems I dont have any restore points. That is another problem I will have to fix.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

:)

LanceWindsor3, Apr 21, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Apr 21, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 21, 2020
  4. enso Win User

File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work

1. File Explorer search Current folder option doesn't work - Similar Threads - File Explorer search

2. Windows Search / File Explorer Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search / File Explorer Search Not Working: I have been having a problem on my search window on both windows start and file explorer. Everytime i try to type something to search the search bar wont respond or it just not do anything at all. my search wont show up or the text im typing is not showing up. Tried several...
  3. Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Renaming Folders From Windows File Explorer Search: Doesn't Rename Folders Correctly: [ATTACH] I'm not sure how long this bug has been there, however renaming folders from Windows File Explorer search messes up the folder names. The folder ends up with two folder names: 1) The new folder name, which appears in the Windows File Explorer UI 2) The old...
  4. The SEARCH option doesn't work.

in Cortana
    The SEARCH option doesn't work.: Dear Sir, I hope you can help me. From a few weeks ago the "search option" of my Windows S.O. doesn't work (neither the SEARCH BOX placed on the task bar nor the "search" option avaible when you right-click on the Windowns logo). Actions taken so far: - Windows Update...
  5. File Explorer doesn't search on file contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer doesn't search on file contents: I can't get File Explorer to search on file contents using Windows 10 Pro. I have checked all the search settings I am aware of without success....
  6. Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?

in Cortana
    Searching in file explorer not working. No folders in indexing options, what to do?: [ATTACH] Indexing options shows a never-ending "Waiting to receive indexing status.." Clicking on Advanced causes it to freeze completely, can't even close the app without the use of Task Manager. Occasionally Modify will be ungreyed, but when I click it, it just loads...
  7. Windows Explorer doesn't find files (even when searching in the folder the file is in, with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Explorer doesn't find files (even when searching in the folder the file is in, with...: Windows 10 OS Build 17134.523 Set for all drives and folders to be indexed (except program files). I've selected Windows Update, Recovery and Backup as the Windows Topic because I found information about why Reindexing is sometimes required after updates. I'm trying to...
  8. File Explorer search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer search not working: Hi, I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. The search in the task bar seems to be working perfectly but the search bar in file explorer does not display any results. I tried rebuilding, modifying the indices but still no change. . [img] [img] [img]...
  9. Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work: The search bar in my files explorer won't actually search anything, just to make it clear it isn't the search bar on the left but the smaller one on the right that won't actually do anything/highlight anything Screenshot - ae72785c768d4df8a79ce4627f494350 - Gyazo I used...
  10. File Explorer Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search Not Working: Recently, I have observed the Search feature of the File Explorer does not work (e.g., No items match your search). The folders I'm searching are indexed. I've tried rebuilding the index. I can even drill down to a folder I know contains the sought file and entering a search...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Missing search tab - File Explorer Windows 10

2. windows 10 search current folder