Windows 10: File Explorer search does not execute

Discus and support File Explorer search does not execute in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A relative simple search such as: type:xlsx datemodified:last month type:xlsx datemodified:last month Does not execute. Please help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrederickTruter, May 15, 2019.

1. File Explorer search does not execute

A relative simple search such as:

type:xlsx

datemodified:last month

type:xlsx datemodified:last month

Does not execute.

Please help?

:)

FrederickTruter, May 15, 2019

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, May 15, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 15, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

File Explorer search does not execute

Search for Missing files in File Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are looking for a file named “Class” with the length of the file. However, currently File Explorer doesn’t have the option to search the files using the length.

You can follow the steps mentioned below to search for a file in File Explorer using the Size, Kind of file and other options.

1. Press and hold Windows key + E to open
      File Explorer.
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Press F3 key to open Search options.
    4. You can select the Size,
      Kind
      of file and other options and then, search for the file.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 15, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer search does not execute

1. File Explorer search does not execute - Similar Threads - File Explorer search

2. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search does not work to search file contents: File Explorer search does not work to search file contents.The folder is indexed and indexing completed successfully and shows the expected number of indexed files.I've got "Allow files in theis folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checked in...
  3. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search does not work to search file contents: File Explorer search does not work to search file contents.The folder is indexed and indexing completed successfully and shows the expected number of indexed files.I've got "Allow files in theis folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties" checked in...
  4. File Explorer search does not work to search file contents

in Cortana
  5. Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.: Hi team, I have the below issue which is exclusive to Windows File Explorer only:Whenever I need to search for a file or text in a document/folder I use CTRL + F, type the text/file name and press the enter key to execute the search.This chain of commands works in all...
  6. Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.

Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.: Hi team, I have the below issue which is exclusive to Windows File Explorer only:Whenever I need to search for a file or text in a document/folder I use CTRL + F, type the text/file name and press the enter key to execute the search.This chain of commands works in all...
  7. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

in Cortana
    Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does: What the title says. I've checked the 'index properties and file contents' box in the advanced options for indexing. I have rebuilt my index at least 2 times. I thought that my indexing was not working - but it does. I know this because I can search for file contents through...
  8. Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does

Windows search box does not show indexed files - file explorer does: What the title says. I've checked the 'index properties and file contents' box in the advanced options for indexing. I have rebuilt my index at least 2 times. I thought that my indexing was not working - but it does. I know this because I can search for file contents through...
  9. Explorer Saved Search no longer allows launching executable files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Saved Search no longer allows launching executable files.: When you create a saved search result in Explorer that contains executable files you can no longer launch the application from the saved search. This used to work and I used it extensively in Windows 10 until around the time frame that Windows 10 2004 came out. Not sure if...
  10. File Explorer Search Does Not Remember File Associations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search Does Not Remember File Associations: Hi Everyone, Whenever I look for a music file with the search bar on the file explorer and select the file directly from there I always get the prompt to select which application to play the file. I have selected the player to 'To always to use this app for...' on previous...