Windows 10: File Explorer Search never ends

Discus and support File Explorer Search never ends in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer Search cannot find the file and never ends. I'm searching files containing a particular word in a folder containing a total of 5704 files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by db02, Jan 19, 2021.

1. db02 Win User

File Explorer Search never ends

File Explorer Search cannot find the file and never ends. I'm searching files containing a particular word in a folder containing a total of 5704 files with a total size of 1.44 GB and sub-folders. It never finishes.

:)

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jan 19, 2021
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 19, 2021
  4. File Explorer Search never ends

File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer Search never ends

1. File Explorer Search never ends - Similar Threads - File Explorer Search

2. Accidentally ended file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  3. Accidentally ended file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally ended file explorer: Hey so I accidentally ended file explorer and had shut off my laptop. Once I booted it back up I’m presented by a black screen a loading icon and the HP logo. After 5 seconds the HP icon goes away and so does the loading icon. I don’t know what to do, I’ve followed...
  4. When I press one of the file on file explorer then it just gives me this never ending...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press one of the file on file explorer then it just gives me this never ending...: no cursor on the screen but it literally loads forever https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-one-of-the-file-on-file-explorer-then/ef6cdc47-a3f3-4bfb-b497-fa0c68382ef4
  5. File explorer end task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer end task: Hey so i was making a new folder on my file explorer to backup my phone photos because i was gonna factory reset it, but as an unexperienced person like me i end tasked file explorer and my screen became red because i put my theme to red and i opened task manager through ctrl...
  6. Never Ending Loop :/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Never Ending Loop :/: I'm now in a never-ending loop of blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and then going to automatic repair trying startup repair unable to do it and then trying resetting the pc unable to do it tried every option available and unable to work. including Going into safe mode...
  7. Never ending BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never ending BSoDs: Hi guys, so yesterday morning I went to work on my Surface Pro 3 and I found it dead. No big deal, this happens a lot so I plugged it back in and let it charge up and turn on. When I turned it back on it started to update. I believe the update finished because my lock screen...
  8. File Explorer closes after end of search?

File Explorer closes after end of search?: Open File Explorer in Windows 10. Enter my search criteria in upper right corner. Hit Enter. Wait. Search bar moves slowly from left to right. Some file results appear. After the search ends, the File Explorer window closes! Why? How can I fix this? submitted by...
  9. File Explorer never finishes searches

File Explorer never finishes searches: Yet another issue to add to the list of everything that's been reported with 1909's search function. No matter what I've searched for, I get about 99% through a search and results are displayed, but the green bar never reaches the end AND my HDD light is contantly active...
  10. File Explorer never stops searching.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer never stops searching.: Greetings all, Since upgrading to Windows 10, my file explorer never stops searching. All my files are displayed but the green search bar just keeps scrolling across the top. Anyone else having this issue? Paul 53398