Windows 10: File explorer search results in a dropdown window

Discus and support File explorer search results in a dropdown window in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Diingo5, Nov 26, 2020.

1. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

Hello,

I am encountering problems with the file search feature after the latest update, from the update it changed the file search from showing me the results in picture form into a dropdown box by the search bar. (https://imgur.com/a/NpMSCB1 This is the dropdown box)

Its causing a few problems for me and if anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated

Edit: Bot told me to add a my latest update number so here it is:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

submitted by /u/Diingo5
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Diingo5, Nov 26, 2020

2. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Nov 26, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 26, 2020
  4. File explorer search results in a dropdown window

No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed.

How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results.

Verson: 1909

OS Build: 18363.535

NigelsNutInLaw, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

File explorer search results in a dropdown window

1. File explorer search results in a dropdown window - Similar Threads - File explorer search

2. windows explorer search partial results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer search partial results: strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated...
  3. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  4. Files missing from File Explorer Search Results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files missing from File Explorer Search Results: I recently migrated from an older Windows 10 computer to a newer Windows 11 computer. On the new device, I cannot get search to work correctly. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps I know of and nothing seems to work.The problem is that .DOC files are not returned in some...
  5. W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 File Explorer Search returns "No results": Many times the Win10 File Explorer works fine, but some times it returns "No results" even if there are obvious matches in the list. Repeating the search does not help. Changing to other directories and doing different searches sometimes works, and sometimes returning to...
  6. File explorer sort search results by relevance

File explorer sort search results by relevance: How could I sort the search results in file explorer by relevance to the syntax phrase that I wrote in the search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-sort-search-results-by-relevance/f70d3cbe-21b8-47fe-97d7-05071ad222ae
  7. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  8. Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...

in Cortana
    Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...: Hello, I recently got a new computer and I am having trouble with the search results in windows file explorer. I changed the indexing settings so I am able to search the contents of the files. However, the results only highlight my search term in the document's path...
  9. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  10. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...