Windows 10: File Explorer - search view WIN10

Discus and support File Explorer - search view WIN10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi , i have problem started a week ago in file explorer its should be when im start type in bar show result autimatic without "enter" key when u type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mangekyou Sharingan, Feb 12, 2020.

1. File Explorer - search view WIN10

Hi , i have problem started a week ago

in file explorer its should be when im start type in bar
    show result autimatic without "enter" key when u type when u delete keys

that how its should be only in file explorer

https://media.giphy.com/media/RM4zp9evKTgVLUFVOu/giphy.gif

thats how its now , need type and press enter but its should be like i explain.

https://i.imgur.com/ZL65dSx.png

https://i.imgur.com/eYnpjJR.png

i hope someone can help me with this

:)

Mangekyou Sharingan, Feb 12, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 12, 2020
  4. File Explorer - search view WIN10

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer - search view WIN10

1. File Explorer - search view WIN10 - Similar Threads - File Explorer search

2. Win10 File Explorer details view problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 File Explorer details view problem: Hi, after an update by windows update, the details view in the explorer is showing empty colums for media files no tags informations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-file-explorer-details-view-problem/3ebc2721-0447-4032-bf3a-717a9e9c2c4b
  3. Win10 File Explorer details view problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 File Explorer details view problem: Hi, after an update by windows update, the details view in the explorer is showing empty colums for media files no tags informations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-file-explorer-details-view-problem/3ebc2721-0447-4032-bf3a-717a9e9c2c4b
  4. Win10 File Explorer details view problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  6. Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search tab missing in Win10 File Explorer: How can I bring up the Search Tab in Win10 File explorer without having to do a quick Start & Stop in order to view the options available under the Search Tab?...
  7. Issue with file explorer search results content view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with file explorer search results content view: I have an issue with the Windows search function. When I searched for file contents on a local machine, and go to the contents view I can see the preview of the content in the search result like so; [ATTACH] but when I try this on a network drive, the content preview is...
  8. Windows Explorer Search View

Windows Explorer Search View: Hello! I want to change the View in Windows Explorer search results. I found How to Customize Default Search Views on Windows 10 - Appuals.com but cannot understand the instructions exactly. It would also helpful for me if I would have a shortcut key to switch to "Details"...
  9. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  10. Viewing file explorer

Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...