Windows 10: File Explorer Search Window Too Small To See Text

Discus and support File Explorer Search Window Too Small To See Text in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use the File Explorer search window frequently. Recently, I have noticed that the search box window is so small that when you start typing in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PC_21, Dec 26, 2020.

1. PC_21 Win User

File Explorer Search Window Too Small To See Text

I use the File Explorer search window frequently. Recently, I have noticed that the search box window is so small that when you start typing in the window, it is nearly impossible to see the text. The window is so small as to be nearly non-functional. I have had the same result on my work Windows as well. This is an essential search feature for me. How can I resize the window so I can view the search text?

:)

PC_21, Dec 26, 2020

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Dec 26, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer Search Window Too Small To See Text - Similar Threads - File Explorer Search

2. Text too small in some parts of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text too small in some parts of Windows: Hello! I have recently got an 14 inch Asus laptop. I found the text too small for my vision, so I modified some settings to make it bigger. The problem is it does not increase in all parts of Windows. I attach photos with my settings sorry for the foreign language, hope you...
  3. Text too small in some parts of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text too small in some parts of Windows: Hello! I have recently got an 14 inch Asus laptop. I found the text too small for my vision, so I modified some settings to make it bigger. The problem is it does not increase in all parts of Windows. I attach photos with my settings sorry for the foreign language, hope you...
  4. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  5. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  6. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Some app too small to see

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some app too small to see: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/fj1ltx41tx561.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=af92be8ceacf49af0aa758629df0202725531846 Anyone knows how to fxi this please help ,Text in some app too small to read and submitted by /u/khuttajitto [link] [comments]...
  8. Text too small or too HUGE

Text too small or too HUGE: I have tried to adjust my text size in the display settings but it is never right. It's always mixed up. Some text will be teeny tiny while other text will be extremely large. Was this caused from a Windows update or what? This is driving me crazy....
  9. Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small: Recently when I started my Dell Laptop I noticed that the desktop Icons were too small and text looked like little dots and the same thing in File explorer. I tried right clicking and resizing icons but it isn't right. I even tried to reset to default. Nothing works. Lost...
  10. Some windows sizes and text are too small

Some windows sizes and text are too small: Ever since I received my new Surface Book 2 running Windows 10 Pro, I've had occasional annoying issues with some windows sizes and text being extremely small. I spent weeks trying to resolve the issue with no luck. I've also read a few issues like this from other users who...