Windows 10: File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files

Discus and support File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 File Explorer Search If I search from "Desktop", I do see some .docx and some .doc returned based on a search term in teh file contents. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by betterhealthguy, Jan 14, 2022.

1. File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files

Windows 11 File Explorer Search If I search from "Desktop", I do see some .docx and some .doc returned based on a search term in teh file contents. I have a folder "Business" on the "Desktop" and a subfolder "Tests". The folder contains 2000 .doc and 2000 .pdf files. When I search for terms in the content, the PDFs are returned. The .DOC files are never returned. I started taking the files and trying to create new files with the same content to see if that made a difference. I created a new .docx file with a term in it in that folder and the search worked! I tried to remove images an

:)

betterhealthguy, Jan 14, 2022

2. .docx previews as .xml file or don't preview at all in file explorer, but .doc previews correctly. How do I preview .docx files?

I am unable to preview .docx in file explorer. I have repaired several times, followed various suggestions in this forum and in internet search, all to no avail. One fix allowed it to preview as an .xml file, rather than saying "unable to preview file".
    I am able to preview previous version .doc files correctly. What do I need to do to correct this issue????

Lisa Akita Cannon, Jan 14, 2022
  3. mlg63 Win User
    File Explorer Keeps Freezing with .docx FIles

As you have found out, Office 2000 is obsolete and does not work in windows 10. You have to upgrade to a later version of Office--2007 or later. It has nothing to do with system file checker. Office 2000 reads .doc files not docx. You will have to use the
    ms file converter to open docx files however only to read the files. Explorer can't find the Office version to open 2010 files. Try linking the file converter to docx files. Open the files by using left click and select Open With....file converter. You will
    have to browse to the converter program. Select always use file converter to open those files.

mlg63, Jan 14, 2022
  4. File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files

File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files

1. File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files - Similar Threads - File Explorer Search

2. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hi, I discovered after the last Windows update on Jan 9, 2024, that I could no longer find all the file contents of a specific word. I use this all the time to find previous files for information I want. I search for online solutions and finally, I found a solution that...
  3. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hi, I discovered after the last Windows update on Jan 9, 2024, that I could no longer find all the file contents of a specific word. I use this all the time to find previous files for information I want. I search for online solutions and finally, I found a solution that...
  4. File Explorer Search not working for .docx files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search not working for .docx files: I am a Windows 11 user. When I search for a word in File Explorer, unless the word is in a filename, the search results do not return the appropriate .docx files. The search results do return pdf, xls, txt, and Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 documents. I have tried a bunch of...
  5. File Explorer Search not working for .docx files

File Explorer Search not working for .docx files: I am a Windows 11 user. When I search for a word in File Explorer, unless the word is in a filename, the search results do not return the appropriate .docx files. The search results do return pdf, xls, txt, and Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 documents. I have tried a bunch of...
  6. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hello! I recently bought a new Win11 HP tower Version 21H2, Build 22000.527 and have spent over a month getting all the software, including Microsoft 365, onto it. Before loading half a terabyte of documents onto it, I decided to test searching on it first and I'm glad I...
  7. File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...

File Explorer in Win11 searches is not finding contents of .doc and .docx files unless...: Hello! I recently bought a new Win11 HP tower Version 21H2, Build 22000.527 and have spent over a month getting all the software, including Microsoft 365, onto it. Before loading half a terabyte of documents onto it, I decided to test searching on it first and I'm glad I...
  8. File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files

File Explorer Search Working with .docx files but not .doc files: Windows 11 File Explorer Search If I search from "Desktop", I do see some .docx and some .doc returned based on a search term in teh file contents. I have a folder "Business" on the "Desktop" and a subfolder "Tests". The folder contains 2000 .doc and 2000 .pdf files. When I...
  9. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents: Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:"Search in file contents" is enabled.docx files are set to have names and...
  10. Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents

Windows Explorer not searching docx file contents: Hi all,Recently Windows Explorer stopped finding .docx files when I search for a specific word. I know that these files contain the words that I am searching for, and I have tried lots of things:"Search in file contents" is enabled.docx files are set to have names and...