Windows 10: File Explorer Setting

Discus and support File Explorer Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I am trying to get File Explorer in Win10 to look more like Win7. How do I remove these seemingly un needed 7 Folders as in my image. -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Roderunner, Sep 11, 2020.

1. File Explorer Setting

Hi Folks, I am trying to get File Explorer in Win10 to look more like Win7. How do I remove these seemingly un needed 7 Folders as in my image.
    -

File Explorer Setting [​IMG]

:)

Roderunner, Sep 11, 2020

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 11, 2020
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 11, 2020
  4. File Explorer Setting

Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer Setting

1. File Explorer Setting - Similar Threads - File Explorer Setting

2. Setting File Explorer types

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting File Explorer types: How do I set multiple file extensions for one file type? Since this new version of file explorer requires you to select from a list of file types, how do I modify this list?...
  3. Unable to set long file names in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to set long file names in File Explorer: Hi Team, Good day, Let me introduce my self, my name is mr Dedi from Jakarta-Indonesia. I have problem to save file with a long name character in a folder. Everytime I have save the file with a long name character in a folder, once I want to open it, they can not be...
  4. Setting nad File explorer language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting nad File explorer language: I cannot change the language of my setting and file explorer. I hope someone can help me. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-nad-file-explorer-language/87666bb1-355a-4d8a-ac8f-093c50b568d4
  5. Change File Explorer Default Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change File Explorer Default Setting: Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to change my default viewing setting inside File Explorer. The setting I prefer is "Large Icons" & sorted by "Type", but it seems that every time I go back to a folder I must select these options again. The current default is "Details" &...
  6. Explorer file setting preferences

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer file setting preferences: I am not sure if I know the correct nomenclature to describe my likely minor annoying issue with my computer. I'd like to "fix" my preferences across the board to show file name, type, size, length etc as opposed to the annoying native preferential settings if provides as if...
  7. Backup File Explorer settings?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup File Explorer settings?: Don't you hate it when you find a solution and can not find it here again? My wife has customized her File Explorer settings. The issue is that if she does a search for a file like q-dir.exe on the whole C: drive it takes a long time, never finds it, and then never stops...
  8. Cannot set file explorer file view

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot set file explorer file view: Hi, For some reason my win 10 (64 b) install always shows images in file view instead of Details. When I try to apply the details setting to all folders, that selection is always grayed out. Can someone help? Thanks, Ed 72879
  9. File explorer view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer view settings: I know how to set the view display when browsing folders, but if I use the search facility, the default view is always Content. I would rather the default view for searches, and indeed all views in File Explorer, to be Details. How do I change the default? 105136
  10. File Explorer Setting Bugging Me

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Setting Bugging Me: I'm sure there is a setting to change this behavior within File Explorer, but I haven't found it yet. As an example, my Ripped CD Folders has 619 Subfolders within it. I prefer Details View, so when I open Ripped CDs, I have to scroll down to get very far through the list....