Windows 10: File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.

Discus and support File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; this happened outa know where and havent found anyone else like this. ive tried every method out there http://prntscr.com/l2cgoh Already tried this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jakeyup, Oct 4, 2018.

1. jakeyup Win User

File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.

this happened outa know where and havent found anyone else like this.
    ive tried every method out there

http://prntscr.com/l2cgoh

Already tried this method and also tried cleaning thumbnail files in my ssd and it just messes up my computer after i wipe then my computer gets stuck at loading screen when booting back up.
    i literally tried every other method i found out there. i dont know if this is super rare but literally couldnt find anyone else with this problem.

http://prntscr.com/l2ch31

:)

jakeyup, Oct 4, 2018

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Oct 4, 2018
  3. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 4, 2018
  4. JCherner Win User

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hahahahahaahahahaha

Hahahhahahahahahahaha

JCherner, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option. - Similar Threads - File Explorer Showing

2. In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...: Hello,In File Explorer, I usually enable the option to "Always show icons, never thumbnails", as I prefer a cleaner look when browsing my files/folders. However, I noticed when I do this, I am unable to see previews of images, such as screenshots .png, in the File Explorer...
  3. In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In File Explorer, is it possible to not show thumbnails for image file icons, but show the...: Hello,In File Explorer, I usually enable the option to "Always show icons, never thumbnails", as I prefer a cleaner look when browsing my files/folders. However, I noticed when I do this, I am unable to see previews of images, such as screenshots .png, in the File Explorer...
  4. Bug: File Explorer is not showing "extra large icons"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bug: File Explorer is not showing "extra large icons": In File Explorer, the “Extra large icons” setting isnot working with a Dell XPS 15, Windows 10, 3840 x 2400. It displays icons in the same size as “Large icons.” It increases thespace around each icon but does not increase the icon size. If I move File Explorer to a 25”...
  5. File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not showing Extra large icons: Hi, File Explorer not showing Extra large icons? Any help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-extra-large-icons/9172bd32-da5f-44bf-ba56-4395199ce0f7
  6. File explorer thumbnails not showing.

File explorer thumbnails not showing.: Recently file explorer stopped showing the thumbnails and showed a white file in its place. I tried going into view and changing the settings but it was all normal. [ATTACH]...
  7. Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Generic Taskbar Icons and Blank File Explorer Thumbnails: After randomly restarting my system, not after an update, all the icons on my taskbar except UWP apps were replaced with this generic icon: [ATTACH] Also, all the icons/thumbnails everywhere on File Explorer are completely blank, no matter the size the icons are set to:...
  8. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...
  9. File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders

File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders: My icons disappeared only in (Extra) Large Icons but all of the file and folder icons only appear in medium icon. Ive been trying to solve this by searching through google but it didnt work. The files inside the folder disappeared too.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....: hey guys, found this (finally) on the net: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1 None of the solutions helped, except this one: [img] In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013 I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer showing blank thumbnail not my photos

2. file explorer showing blank icons