Windows 10: File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803

Discus and support File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi everyone can you solve my problem when I connect my phone to pc via usb then File explorer showing some file types as folders in windows 10 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SatyaveerSingh874, Sep 1, 2019.

1. File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803

hi everyone can you solve my problem when I connect my phone to pc via usb then File explorer showing some file types as folders in windows 10 build 1803 so I am not able to open them or copy them as size showing 0kb in properties eg. .pdf .xlsx .apk (Everything was fine in windows 7now I am using windows 10pro 64bit). (I have to add that some files of same extentions working fine on same portable device.)

thank you

:)

SatyaveerSingh874, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 1, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

Yeah, they play perfectly fine.

Thanks, this did the trick perfectly!

I'm scratching my head then, because so far every computer I update to 1803, even fresh installs, can no longer read the details of mkv files. But at least icaros fixes the problem for now. Hopefully the bug is fixed in Windows natively eventually.

newtekie1, Sep 1, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803

1. File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803 - Similar Threads - File explorer showing

2. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  3. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon: some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-folders-in-the-navigation-pane-of-file/e8b967c0-66c1-4450-9da9-d44426e6e2e5
  4. some of the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer not show an icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Show number of files in folder in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show number of files in folder in Explorer?: Using Windows 11In Explorer it will show folders and files. For folders, is there a column/field I can add along with Name, Type, Date Created, etc that will show if there are files in that folder, or how many files are in that folder? I basically want to know if folders...
  6. BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer

BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer: Following recent updates on Windows 10 on both my PC And Laptop I am no longer able to see all the files on my external hard drive. It is a WD My Cloud and File Explorer now only shows Music, Photos and Videos and not the Smartware folder containg my backups. The folder is...
  7. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

File Explorer "save as" folders not showing: Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a...
  8. Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10

Desktop folder not showing in file explorer; Windows 10: I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop... [ATTACH] Even if I drill down into "Windows C: / Users",...
  9. Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

Desktop folder not showing in Windows 10 file explorer: I have a new build pc with Windows 10. When I look at file explorer I'm not seeing the "desktop" folder, although I'm seeing 2 x "download" folders, each of which show the 3 folders I actually have on my desktop [ATTACH] Even if I go drill down into "Windows C: / Users",...
  10. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...