Windows 10: File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803

Discus and support File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi everyone can you solve my problem when I connect my phone to pc via usb then File explorer showing some file types as folders in windows 10 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SatyaveerSingh874, Sep 1, 2019.

1. File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803

hi everyone can you solve my problem when I connect my phone to pc via usb then File explorer showing some file types as folders in windows 10 build 1803 so I am not able to open them or copy them as size showing 0kb in properties eg. .pdf .xlsx .apk (Everything was fine in windows 7now I am using windows 10pro 64bit). (I have to add that some files of same extentions working fine on same portable device.)

thank you

:)

SatyaveerSingh874, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 1, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

Yeah, they play perfectly fine.

Thanks, this did the trick perfectly!

I'm scratching my head then, because so far every computer I update to 1803, even fresh installs, can no longer read the details of mkv files. But at least icaros fixes the problem for now. Hopefully the bug is fixed in Windows natively eventually.

newtekie1, Sep 1, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803

1. File explorer showing some files as folders in windows 10 build 1803 - Similar Threads - File explorer showing

2. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...
  3. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer not showing correct folder size: Regarding this issue, valid more than a year from v1803 on, has now been proven to be corrected on v1903, Great! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-file-explorer-not-showing-correct/2f8b976b-4330-4fa7-b805-8b9d497fd7b6"
  5. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  6. Files not showing up with File Explorer

Files not showing up with File Explorer: I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was...
  7. Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size

Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size: Need Help, Windows File Explorer Not Showing Folder Size. Its very difficult to identify big size folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-file-explorer-not-showing-folder-size/7b31df8a-3fe7-41d2-97c9-d5cfb6c93cf1"
  8. Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and files are showing as hidden after 1803 update: I have recently updated to win10 1803 and since then my This PC - Quick Access and Libraries folders icons are all greyed out and when I check properties they are showing as hidden. I have so many of them - do I have to change every folder individually? I also seem to have...
  9. Disable windows showing .rar files in explorer as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable windows showing .rar files in explorer as a folder: TNX all for yr help. I solved the problem *Biggrin. There is no File association for Winrar If you look closely at the ".rar" files in my image above, they are not .rar files but .zip files associated with Winrar. That's why their icon is Winrar's. It was enough to...
  10. Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest build -- file explorer not showing progress when copy files: Hi there big big problem --latest (preview) build - file explorer not showing progress when copying / moving files. This - unless fixed soon will cause me to revert to previous build. Anybody else got this or is it just something with my update. (W10 Pro X-64)....