Windows 10: File explorer showing white color blocking the file path, randomly appears and disappears

Discus and support File explorer showing white color blocking the file path, randomly appears and disappears in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/koldolmen [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/koldolmen, Jul 23, 2020.

1. File explorer showing white color blocking the file path, randomly appears and disappears

/u/koldolmen, Jul 23, 2020

2. picture files (large icons) in file explorer being corupted. Random sized blocks of color show up

When I view Pictures in "file explorer" using large icon or extra large icons, some of these icons randomly show various sizes of blocks of color in the thumb nail. Once that block of color shows up, then when the file is opened up in "Photo", the block
    of color is there also. Within a folder there will be only a few files that are corrupted. ( 6 in a folder of 482 files) In some cases I have been able to recover some of these files from backed up prior versions of the folders.

I have been watching the icons in file explorer and seen 2 of the icons produce these blocks of color while I was doing nothing but watching.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MonteFisher, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Temp file in File Explorer

Following a recent update, the Excel temp file shows up in File Explorer, as it should, but then it disappears, then pops up again, then disappears and pops up again, erratic but about every one or two seconds. As it appears at the top of the list, each
    time it appears it moves all files down a row, and it does it so fast it is difficult to click on any file below it, as they are all constantly moving up or down. The Word temp file stays there like it should. Suggestions?

LinwoodGilbert, Aug 4, 2020
  4. slozomby Win User

File explorer showing white color blocking the file path, randomly appears and disappears

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

File explorer showing white color blocking the file path, randomly appears and disappears

1. File explorer showing white color blocking the file path, randomly appears and disappears - Similar Threads - File explorer showing

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. A white ribbon appearing in file explorer dark mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    A white ribbon appearing in file explorer dark mode: Does anyone know how to remove this white ribbon in File Explorer below the search bar. It appeared after I reset my Windows. It is very irritating to my eyes.Windows 10...
  6. Randome files keep appearing on my files explorer

Randome files keep appearing on my files explorer: even after i deleted it it pops out again after i restart it.even after i deleted it it pops out again after i restart it.i saw a post that has the same problem but different file name etc and after he use malwarebytes its detected and its fixed. but when i tried it it did'nt...
  7. File explorer messes colors of black and white

File explorer messes colors of black and white: Hello, I don't know what I did to result in this or how to describe this accurately, please help [ATTACH] As you can see, the windows options are invisible, when I click them a menu shows (as it should) but as soon as I pass my cursor on the settings the text disappears and...
  8. Files appearing and disappearing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files appearing and disappearing.: Hey! I'm having some troubles with my pc. File named NTUSER.DAT is appeared in my user folder and other folders. It wasn't there before and it used to be in Public folder. Also other .DAT files disappeared. Also I can't run msert.exe. I get an error which says i need...
  9. Appearing and disappearing files!

in Windows 10 Support
    Appearing and disappearing files!: Could someone please explain this to me? In Windows 10, I have a folder called GOONS. I put some files in it. But when I looked at it a while later, many more files were there! And then the next time I looked, they were gone! I wanna be able to put the files I want, in a...
  10. What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What kind of files are these? They appear and disappear in Explorer: 10C1C64FFDSC69827ABF b7f63cc5ba627ee9391 Note the former is all caps while the later only lower case letters. Their locations in File Explorer seems to change a lot and they don't open. I made up these numbers because when I went to find them, I couldn't and don't know...