Windows 10: File explorer shown two external hard drive

Discus and support File explorer shown two external hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i hope someone could help me in my problem, so i been encountering this issue for a long time and i dont know how to solve it i already reset my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JatAbarientos, Aug 17, 2019.

1. File explorer shown two external hard drive

Hi, i hope someone could help me in my problem, so i been encountering this issue for a long time and i dont know how to solve it i already reset my laptop because i thought that was the solution but its not, i dont even know how this happend whenever i plugged in a usd or an external hard drive when i open file explorer its shows two of them two of them but when i click it its just the same.File explorer shown two external hard drive [​IMG]

:)

JatAbarientos, Aug 17, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Aug 17, 2019
  3. saving and viewing files on an external hard drive

Hi Sam,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, you may format the external hard drive. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the external hard drive to Windows 10 computer.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to the keyboard to open the file explorer.

• Locate the external hard drive on left navigation pane in File explorer.

• Right click on the external hard drive and click on
      Format

• Click Start and follow on screen instructions to format the hard drive.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 17, 2019
  4. xpac5896 Win User

File explorer shown two external hard drive

External drives shown twice in File Explorer

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Can anyone give me an explanation as to why I have my external hard drives showing twice in File Explorer (see Attachment)

File explorer shown two external hard drive [​IMG]

I've had this since the first install of Win 10, and it's driving me nuts.

xpac5896, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

File explorer shown two external hard drive

1. File explorer shown two external hard drive - Similar Threads - File explorer shown

2. External hard drive shown as Primary Partition in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Support
    External hard drive shown as Primary Partition in Disk Management: Just clean install my laptop. After windows successfully installed, as usual i connect to internet, format and give name to D drive in Disk Management. After couple of minutes i plug my external hard drive to copy paste my backup to laptop and everything done, i try to eject...
  3. Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.: I upgraded my C Drive and now my SSD drive wont allow access. It shows the drive in Device Manager but in file manager all it shoes is the drive with a ? on it. What do I do?...
  4. external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard drive: I don't know how to retrieve files from my external hard drive. On file explore there used to be a link to click. it's not there anymore. I have a Seagate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive/1136c02a-ab6f-48c4-8db1-71c2791ecc45"
  5. External hard drive not appearing in file explorer

External hard drive not appearing in file explorer: my windows 7 laptop died (no power). I purchase new windows 10 laptop and am attempting to read my former hard drive by making it an external drive. It is recognized as a device but I cannot view any of the files in file explorer. I am just attempting to recover some recent...
  6. My 1TB external hard disk is recognised. But not shown in disk management and file explorer.

My 1TB external hard disk is recognised. But not shown in disk management and file explorer.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] It automatically disconnects after a minute. The screenshots were taken while it was connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-1tb-external-hard-disk-is-recognised-but-not/533e6db5-74af-4fda-bce3-d8effed7dc69
  7. Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive

Windows Explore not recognizing External Hard Drive: So my old computer broke a while back. I've successfully accessed this hard drive before on both of my other computers (Surface 3 and hp pavilion). Today I wanted to see if I had anymore data left that I wanted to move from the drive. I use a sata drive adapter (same one I've...
  8. two drives in File Explorer

two drives in File Explorer: I hope I filed this problem in the right forum. I installed a new external drive for backup. It appears twice in file explorer but one seems to be under c: and the other is further to the left and in the column like network would appear. both have the same data in them and I...
  9. please help Two hard drives in Explorer View

please help Two hard drives in Explorer View: Two hard drives show in Explorer View windows 10 i use sfc/ scan but Was not true show [img] 68747
  10. External drives shown twice in File Explorer

External drives shown twice in File Explorer: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Can anyone give me an explanation as to why I have my external hard drives showing twice in File Explorer (see Attachment) [img] I've had this since the first install of Win 10, and it's driving me nuts. 39063