Windows 10: File Explorer shows correctly the volume C: and F: of my 1 TB hard disk while only C...

Discus and support File Explorer shows correctly the volume C: and F: of my 1 TB hard disk while only C... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My 1 TB hard disk is split in two Volume C and F. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago, the volume F vanished from File Explorer and there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MGaly-42, Oct 14, 2020.

1. MGaly-42 Win User

File Explorer shows correctly the volume C: and F: of my 1 TB hard disk while only C...

My 1 TB hard disk is split in two Volume C and F. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago, the volume F vanished from File Explorer and there was no restore point left to go backward. Instead I used RECOVERY to go back to the previous version of Windows 10 and stopped the automatic updates of windows 10. This allowed me to bring back the volume F into File Explorer. The same problem happened again yesterday and I applied the same solution to solve it.

However I just realized that the F volume does not show up in Disk Management where I can see only the 1 TB hard disk C as if it had not been partitioned. How could I restore the F volume in disk management ?

Thanks for your help.

:)

MGaly-42, Oct 14, 2020

2. Hard Drive "C" 250 GB Partition of 2 TB Hard Drive

I have 2 TB hard drive internal Desk Top and I done partition into 4 part, in which "C" Hard drive is 1 of 4 but due "C" Drive getting full; I would like remove the partition & like to use full 2 TB as "C" Hard Drive. So, Please, Guide What are Options; how
    I can extend the volume of "C" Hard Drive or convert the full 2TB to "C" Hard Drive.

CHANNESHASHETTY, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Neemobeer Win User
    Help! Local Drive changed from C to F

A re-install is going to be your best bet. You can't re-assign the drive letter on a boot volume while it is in use. You would need to boot into a recovery disk or partition to do that. Once in the recovery media you would type
    • diskpart
    • list disk (to get available disks)
    • select disk #
    • list vol (to get currently available volumes)
    • select vol # (for the volume you want to change)
    • assign letter=C

The problem with this is you could potentially screw up the whole system if there are any registry paths that are pointing to F:\... for critical files as well as the BCD store may also point to F:\.....

Neemobeer, Oct 14, 2020
  4. GeoffBott Win User

File Explorer shows correctly the volume C: and F: of my 1 TB hard disk while only C...

Disk defrag stops at 1%

Hi Dennis

Many thanks for your reply. I have tried to do as you suggest, but there doesn't appear to be an Applog file under C:/Windows. Not sure whether I have looked correctly - I ticked the Hidden items option on the right hand side of the view ribbon.

One further point, the Disk Defragmenter tool does not actually get stuck or stop responding - it completes its sequence but shows that the C drive is still 1% fragmented. Before the updates, it always showed 0% defragmented.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Geoff

GeoffBott, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

1. File Explorer shows correctly the volume C: and F: of my 1 TB hard disk while only C... - Similar Threads - File Explorer shows

2. Haw To Transfer Volume C From disk 1 to disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Haw To Transfer Volume C From disk 1 to disk 0: My C Drive Is Currently On Disk 1. But how Do I Transfer It To Disk 0? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/haw-to-transfer-volume-c-from-disk-1-to-disk-0/d2c46548-060d-439f-b285-2d72e92a7f9b
  3. Haw To Transfer Volume C From disk 1 to disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Haw To Transfer Volume C From disk 1 to disk 0: My C Drive Is Currently On Disk 1. But how Do I Transfer It To Disk 0? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/haw-to-transfer-volume-c-from-disk-1-to-disk-0/d2c46548-060d-439f-b285-2d72e92a7f9b
  4. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer: I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c:...
  5. What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the c: folder shows as C: c: in File explorer: I have a new computer with WIndows 11 installed. The C: drive is an SSD. I copied all main files and folders from an HHD on another computer. All of a sudden I notice that the C; drive shows as c: c: in file explorer. What does that mean and how di I correct it to show c:...
  6. extend the volume of c disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    extend the volume of c disk: Original title: sark_boy04Hi guys! I need your help. I'm gonna extend the volume of c disk. But extend button is unabled.I have read reasons for this trouble like there is no unallocated space . But i have. Please answer if you know solution...
  7. extend the volume of c disk

extend the volume of c disk: Original title: sark_boy04Hi guys! I need your help. I'm gonna extend the volume of c disk. But extend button is unabled.I have read reasons for this trouble like there is no unallocated space . But i have. Please answer if you know solution...
  8. File explorer or maybe disk c?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer or maybe disk c?: This morning my computer's screen froze up, so I had to turn it off. After starting it again I found out that the file explorer wasn't showing the icons and folders on the left menu and I even checked the navigation panel to be checked, also the icons of folders appear black,...
  9. C:\ is not showing on file explorer

C:\ is not showing on file explorer: C:\ is not showing after last windowa update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-is-not-showing-on-file-explorer/ef310090-c41f-4093-a043-dcec4477bed6
  10. C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB

C drive = SSD 128 GB, D drive = Hard Drive 1 TB: I reset my computer because Windows kept installing software on the C drive. When it loaded back up it installed windows 10 files on the C drive again. I went everything to be on the D drive. I went into settings and changed the storage to D, but how do I get windows 10 files...