Windows 10: File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents

Discus and support File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I Accidentally merged the Documents folder with my User Profile folder (actual title is "User"). I could move Documents folder to <User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VitaliyTitov, Dec 8, 2019.

1. File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents

I Accidentally merged the Documents folder with my User Profile folder (actual title is "User"). I could move Documents folder to <User Profile>\Docements folder only by editing Registry. Now Documents folder operates correctly in Explorer (in This PC and Quick Access). But there is still issue in Explorer that shows folder C:\Users\<User Profile> as Documents folder meanwhile actual path to User Profile is C:\Users\User.

Please help to fix appearance of <Profile User> folder

:)

VitaliyTitov, Dec 8, 2019

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents [​IMG]

TechGuy737, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    My internal hard drive personal document folders do not show in file explorer

Hi Kari,

If you're having trouble seeing your personal documents, it might be caused by a file corruption. We suggest following the steps provided by Pavan_N in this
    thread that was found helpful in resolving similar issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Dec 8, 2019
  4. File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents

1. File Explorer shows User Profile folder as Documents - Similar Threads - File Explorer shows

2. There is no files are showing in document folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no files are showing in document folder: After an undate files are not showing in document folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-files-are-showing-in-document-folder/df2a9a71-108b-46ca-ae60-89e022bed490
  3. There is no files are showing in document folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no files are showing in document folder: After an undate files are not showing in document folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-files-are-showing-in-document-folder/df2a9a71-108b-46ca-ae60-89e022bed490
  4. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  5. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  6. I want to show sub-folder documents in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to show sub-folder documents in file explorer: I am setting up libraries in Windows 10 version 1909. In Windows 7 I had 4 top-level folder locations in my Documents library, most have subfolders. When I view my Document library in Windows 7 File Explorer, I display using Detail view, grouped and sorted by modified date....
  7. User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders: When I started up my new HP laptop it used my signon name to create a "myname" profile but it didn't create any files under /USERS/myname. I than created another account profile with"newname" with administrator permission as an emergency backup. That profile name was given...
  8. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  9. Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents Folder on This PC - File Explorer: Hi, For some reason since refreshing my Windows 10 installation, the Documents folder under This PC now points to the Documents folder on my One Drive. It always used to point to the documents folder in my users/(username) directory on my hard drive, and since this is the...
  10. Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer The user profile of each account includes the 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Favorites,...