Windows 10: File explorer shows wrong info in pc view.

Discus and support File explorer shows wrong info in pc view. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why would file explorer show usb and dvd when there isn't loaded? [img] What it shows as there is the two flowers from and earlier view,.in which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gladstone, Aug 13, 2019.

1. gladstone Win User

File explorer shows wrong info in pc view.

Why would file explorer show usb and dvd when there isn't loaded?

File explorer shows wrong info in pc view. [​IMG]

What it shows as there is the two flowers from and earlier view,.in which the usb was there.
    This shows even after a reboot.

:)

gladstone, Aug 13, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 13, 2019
  4. silverfur Win User

File Explorer same view for all files

I want File Explore to show all files in list view.

silverfur, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. File explorer shows wrong info in pc view. - Similar Threads - File explorer shows

2. msinfo32 showing wrong info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msinfo32 showing wrong info: hey so it doesnt matter how many times i reset my windows or flash bios it still will show my wrong motherboard and its kinda annoying me is there any way to fix this?...
  3. msinfo32 showing wrong info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msinfo32 showing wrong info: hey so it doesnt matter how many times i reset my windows or flash bios it still will show my wrong motherboard and its kinda annoying me is there any way to fix this?...
  4. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  5. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  6. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...
  7. DSF files do not display tag info in File Explorer column view

in Windows 10 Support
    DSF files do not display tag info in File Explorer column view: This is how I like to view files within folders in my music library using Windows 10: [img] Most of my music files are in AIF, AIFF or MP3 format and so the above screenshot is what I see when opening a folder. But with my files in DSF format, the columns are empty when I...
  8. Viewing file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing file explorer: I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum...
  9. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  10. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info for Certain Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info for Certain Folders: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...