Windows 10: File Explorer skipping back to first file

Discus and support File Explorer skipping back to first file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having trouble. I can be looking at a thumbnail picture several pages down and the system jumps back to the first file. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DuaneKeidel, Jun 10, 2019.

1. File Explorer skipping back to first file

I'm having trouble. I can be looking at a thumbnail picture several pages down and the system jumps back to the first file. Help!

:)

DuaneKeidel, Jun 10, 2019

2. Skip and Replace in File Explorer

in Windows10 File Explorer is there any way to avoid the Skip and Replace Dialog. i always want a file I am moving from one folder to another to just copy and increase the suffix if necessary

Ralphboater, Jun 10, 2019
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

File Explorer skipping back to first file

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer skipping back to first file

1. File Explorer skipping back to first file - Similar Threads - File Explorer skipping

2. Back up skipped files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back up skipped files: Each time I run backup in W10, I get the same 2 error messages....Backup encountered a problem while backing up file.C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive. Error. status_wait_2 0x80070002C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Pictures. Error. status_wait_2...
  3. Back up skipped files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back up skipped files: Each time I run backup in W10, I get the same 2 error messages....Backup encountered a problem while backing up file.C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive. Error. status_wait_2 0x80070002C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Pictures. Error. status_wait_2...
  4. Back up skipped files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?: When copying files from a PC to an Android phone, Windows 10 would bring up the prompt below. If I check the 'Do this for all conflicts' and click on 'Don't copy', the whole copy Operation stops and Explorer doesn't try to copy the non existing files. Is this a bug? It seems...
  6. How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get File Explorer to skip all existing files when copying?: When copying files from a PC to an Android phone, Windows 10 would bring up the prompt below. If I check the 'Do this for all conflicts' and click on 'Don't copy', the whole copy Operation stops and Explorer doesn't try to copy the non existing files. Is this a bug? It seems...
  7. Skipped Files

Skipped Files: after backing up my files using backup and restore (windows 7) i get this message "the backup completed but some files were skipped". Thes are the files skipped "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Bruce\OneDrive\Documents. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_3...
  8. When viewing pictures in file explorer, keeps moving back to first picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When viewing pictures in file explorer, keeps moving back to first picture: When I am viewing individual photographs in File Explorer, in effort to delete duplicates, I select one or more and hit delete. However, this Surface Pro 6 constantly sends me back to beginning of the file i.e. the first picture or row, and I have to start over and try and...
  9. Backup Skipped Files

Backup Skipped Files: After backing up my desktop computer I receive a message that my backup is complete but 2 files were skipped ( view in notepad says error codes 0x80070002 and 0x80070003). How do I get rid of these 2 files before I backup again...
  10. File history skipping files / folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File history skipping files / folders: I have custom libraries set up to back up my X:\Pictures directory and it's been backing up just fine. I dumped a large amount of pictures to a sub folder and didn't get around to deleting the bad ones before file history threw them on my history drive. No big deal, I went...