Windows 10: File Explorer slow to appear

Discus and support File Explorer slow to appear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i'm running build 17763.437 but i believe this problem i've seen in earlier builds too. sometimes File Explorer appears not to open when i click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by biker66, Apr 19, 2019.

1. biker66 Win User

File Explorer slow to appear

i'm running build 17763.437 but i believe this problem i've seen in earlier builds too. sometimes File Explorer appears not to open when i click on the app's icon that i have pinned to the start pg. but it does open if i then just click on the start button in the bottom left corner! it opens quickly straight away then.. so the app is running but not showing itself.. its a strange bug. anyone else have this?

after installing Windows i upload with some drivers namely:
    -intel chipset
    -ME
    -intel graphics
    -realtek audio driver
    -updated driver for my wireless.
    -driver for my monitor.

i don't believe any of the above are a cause of the problem.

:)

biker66, Apr 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 file explorer very slow (working on it...) issue

This seemed to help. Time will tell. It certainly is more helpful and practical than the suggestion to end toe Explorer task and start a new one.

SamMcSpadden, Apr 19, 2019
  3. razghost Win User
    File explorer slow/Never loading solution

Ok so since upgrading from 7 to 10 file explorer has been a absolute nightmare! Everything was either incredibly slow, didn't happen or only partially load. After enduring this to this day I have decided enough is enough and started diagnosing by limiting the startup services using MSconfig.

After going through enabling startup services groups at the time and restarting the computer everytime! Eventually I found the service that was causing the problems with file explorer. The service is called Windows search and once disabled it restored functionality to file explorer. The search function in file explorer works but the search in the taskbar doesn't.

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

razghost, Apr 19, 2019
  4. File Explorer slow to appear

File Explorer - Working on it

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor and Office Insider for Android. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Many users report that File Explorer is slow on Windows 10, a major problem that can interfere with work.

Kindly follow these steps like

1. Disable Cortana

2. Certain folders in the Quick access list can cause File Explorer to become slow. Network folders that aren’t currently available can cause this problem to appear.

Remove a network folder from Quick access list and check

3. Change folder optimization

4. Start File Explorer by pressing Windows Key + E

5. Reset File Explorer view to default

6. Change File Explorer settings

Refer here for detailed steps :

https://windowsreport.com/file-explorer-slow-wi...

* * * Moderator note: This page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. There are ads on the page for products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Product) Please research any product advertised on the page before you decide
    to download and install it.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information with reference. Thoroughly research products advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it. Watch out for ads
    on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

GaneshGandhi1982, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

File Explorer slow to appear

1. File Explorer slow to appear - Similar Threads - File Explorer slow

2. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Slow File Sorting in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow File Sorting in Explorer: I have a folder with about 3200 files, each file is about 60mb. I want it to sort by date/time. It is on an NVME drive, but the sort is taking 5+ minutes.....anything I can do to speed it up?...
  6. file explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  7. file explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  8. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  9. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  10. File explorer slow and not working

File explorer slow and not working: Hi, When I go on to file explorer it loads up fine, however none of the files and documents and such have icons, its just the blank page icon as if the file explorer doesnt know what kind of file it is. Then i close file explorer abd open it again and it doesnt show...