Windows 10: File Explorer slow to open file directories and some files

Discus and support File Explorer slow to open file directories and some files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, My Asus Zenbook is relatively new, with very few files on it, and my file explorer is slow to open my files or One Drive files using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XF_5209, Dec 11, 2019.

1. XF_5209 Win User

File Explorer slow to open file directories and some files

Hello,

My Asus Zenbook is relatively new, with very few files on it, and my file explorer is slow to open my files or One Drive files using the explore.exe command on the task bar or when I create a shortcut. I've tried some other options recommended in similar forums, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This happens when I'm on various WiFi networks.

:)

XF_5209, Dec 11, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Exe file slow to open

Possible... I had Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm, both, on different machines & times, misbehavin' and had to re-install them to set them right.
    Even after cleaning them out and re-setting them; they would still bog the file access times down and cause Windows Explorer (not ie) to be slow on opening and accessing, until re-installed.

If he turns off real-time detection it will not make any difference, as he has already been opening the file... he would/should have gotten an alert or warning if there were a problem with the file he is testing with.

Probably not; but, how much ram?
    What version of Windows?
    Where is you swap file located? What size?
    How full are your drives?
    What processor?
    Have you got the latest firmware for your SSD?
    Are your drivers up to date?
    Is your MB bios current?

Is the file an installation file, video file, etc? Does it use compression?

You need to goto User CP and put your system info there and then check the box to show the specs. The info will go a long way in helping some to diagnose your possible problem(s).

95Viper, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Tintai Win User
    Exe file slow to open

I know it's 1GB. I tested this on Win Explorer and Total Com.
    For example 250MB file is opened in ~5 seconds.

@edit: I turned off the pagefile but it don't work.

Tintai, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

Welcome to TenForums @clsven

First, pin File Explorer to the task bar. You can then click and drag a folder (such as Videos) and drop it on the File Explorer icon to pin it to File Explorer. The list of pinned folders can be accessed by right-clicking on the File Explorer icon. Select a folder from the list and you will open File Explorer at that folder. This is the same list of pinned folders that you will see in File Explorer's Quick Access.

File Explorer slow to open file directories and some files [​IMG]

Thema:

1. File Explorer slow to open file directories and some files - Similar Threads - File Explorer slow

2. Win10 File Explorer is very slow to open some folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 File Explorer is very slow to open some folders: File explorer will often list one file every 2-3 sec when opening a folder. This happens even if I just closed it but this is not happening every time I open a folder. This is happening on all three of my computers but this, my video work is the worst.My system:Windows 10...
  3. Win10 File Explorer is very slow to open some folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 File Explorer is very slow to open some folders: File explorer will often list one file every 2-3 sec when opening a folder. This happens even if I just closed it but this is not happening every time I open a folder. This is happening on all three of my computers but this, my video work is the worst.My system:Windows 10...
  4. Win10 File Explorer is very slow to open some folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Directory in left window of File explorer opens while dragging file to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory in left window of File explorer opens while dragging file to it: Windows-10 FILE EXPLORER:This issue occurs whenever a file is being dragged to be copied or moved to another folder/directory within the folder/directory tree on the left side of the screen. If the mouse cursor momentarily hovers over the intended folder, that folder will...
  6. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  7. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIle explorer slow when opening files: Hello everyone. Just recently out of the blue I have a file explorer issue. The file explorer works fine apart from when I want to attach a file on some website for example or just open a file in photoshop or opening files generally. I have noticed 3 iterations of this issue...
  8. FIle explorer slow when opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

in Windows 10 Support
    Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?: In old Win7 users could place a shortcut on TaskBar then open Properties of this shortcut, go to "Shortcut" tab and enter %windir%\explorer.exe /n,/e,D:\data This opens (when clicked) Windows Explorer and mark and expands directory D:\data\ Unfortunately this does not work...
  10. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...