Windows 10: File Explorer Stops Internet Connection

Discus and support File Explorer Stops Internet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When opening the file explorer for any reason all internet connection seizes and returns 10 seconds later observed in resource monitor. There's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TLou22, Apr 1, 2021.

1. TLou22 Win User

File Explorer Stops Internet Connection

When opening the file explorer for any reason all internet connection seizes and returns 10 seconds later observed in resource monitor. There's literally 4 instances of this problem on google and none have the solution. im using a usb nic but i doubt that has anything to do with my file explorer. either way, opening file explorer is an internet kill switch and i need help to stop that.

ive tried

- sfc

- update drivers

- update windows

- uninstall drivers install old drivers

thanks.

:)

TLou22, Apr 1, 2021

2. Internet Explorer has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Internet Explorer on your device as it crashes.

Do let us know:

• If you have made any changes to the operating system that might have resulted in causing this issue?
    • If you were able to see any error code/ error message when Internet Explorer crashes?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you
    use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 1, 2021
  3. No Internet connection, also Internet Explorer shows Runtime error on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• Are you able to connect to the internet using different browser?
    • Is this issue specific when accessing any particular website?
    • Have you updated all the drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

I would like to inform you that a runtime error is a software or hardware problem that prevents a program from working correctly. Runtime errors might cause you to lose information in the file you're working on, cause errors in the file (corrupt the file)
    so you can't work with it, or prevent you from using a feature. Unlike stop errors, runtime errors don't typically cause Windows or a program to stop working.

Method 1: If the issue specific only to Internet Explorer, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to perform some of the troubleshooting steps from the link below link, Turn off add-ons, Reset Internet Explorer Settings, Open the page in Compatibility View etc. and check if it helps:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings
    feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the
    Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons..

Method 2: Please refer to the below article for internet connectivity and check if you are able to connect.

Wired
    and wireless network problems

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Please do get back to us with the status of this issue. We will be happy to assist you further, if the issue still persist.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 1, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

File Explorer Stops Internet Connection wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. File Explorer Stops Internet Connection - Similar Threads - File Explorer Stops

2. .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer: .XMl Files wont stop opening in internet explorer on windows 10 Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-files-wont-stop-opening-in-internet-explorer/90c020fe-a94a-42fe-bd68-701373a8356d
  3. .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer: .XMl Files wont stop opening in internet explorer on windows 10 Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-files-wont-stop-opening-in-internet-explorer/90c020fe-a94a-42fe-bd68-701373a8356d
  4. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  5. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  6. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet

File Explorer Slows When Connected to the Internet: So this is an odd problem which I have not been able to find any solutions to so far. When I use my laptop at work, I am able to connect to the internet and do things like play music through Youtube, while also using the file explorer to navigate to the folders I need to...
  8. Internet explorer connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet explorer connection: Internet explorer will not connect. I do not get an error message. When I type a website in the search engine it does nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-connection/72b03f78-88e8-47ba-b99a-b339cabac57d
  9. stopping internet connection

stopping internet connection: I want to stop my internet connection for a few minutes. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stopping-internet-connection/1e160dce-8608-4f2b-b074-c0647891371c
  10. Explorer + no internet connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer + no internet connection: Today i turned on my pc and the explorer.exe error appeared, i refreshed the screen and the icons appeared , but the start button didn't work , i tried to make troubleshoot but nothing... the worst part is that i can't acces the internet. Is there a way to star windows...