Windows 10: File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files.

Discus and support File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, recently when i try to select/right click/try to open .exe files the Windows loading cursor appears and windows explorer stops responding,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ImAWifeHaver, Feb 14, 2021.

1. File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files.

Hello, recently when i try to select/right click/try to open .exe files the Windows loading cursor appears and windows explorer

stops responding, sometimes i can just close it by hovering over explorer and press the X and close it, sometimes i have to

open taskmgr and end explorer.exe and start it back up using the run a new task on taskmgr. Please give me a solution to this

as i dont have one.

:)

ImAWifeHaver, Feb 14, 2021
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Feb 14, 2021
  3. kd833 Win User
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified Explorer's view options to not display thumbnails or icons of the files. But that had no effect. Is it that Explorer is attempting to read the content of these exe files to display the embedded images regardless of how I configure Explorer to operate? Is there anything that can be done to make Explorer display these files faster?

kd833, Feb 14, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files.

Exe file slow to open

Possible... I had Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm, both, on different machines & times, misbehavin' and had to re-install them to set them right.
    Even after cleaning them out and re-setting them; they would still bog the file access times down and cause Windows Explorer (not ie) to be slow on opening and accessing, until re-installed.

If he turns off real-time detection it will not make any difference, as he has already been opening the file... he would/should have gotten an alert or warning if there were a problem with the file he is testing with.

Probably not; but, how much ram?
    What version of Windows?
    Where is you swap file located? What size?
    How full are your drives?
    What processor?
    Have you got the latest firmware for your SSD?
    Are your drivers up to date?
    Is your MB bios current?

Is the file an installation file, video file, etc? Does it use compression?

You need to goto User CP and put your system info there and then check the box to show the specs. The info will go a long way in helping some to diagnose your possible problem(s).

95Viper, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files.

1. File Explorer stops responding when i select/try to open/right click .exe Files. - Similar Threads - File Explorer stops

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  4. ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding: Hello, ive got a question, i cant RIGHT CLICK or DOUBLE CLICK or anything on files in explorer, if i do it makes it not responding, and also the cmd/powershell "run as administrator" is cant be open, it was working a while ago, but suddenly i have this problem, PLEASE HELP ME...
  5. ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding

ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding: Hello, ive got a question, i cant RIGHT CLICK or DOUBLE CLICK or anything on files in explorer, if i do it makes it not responding, and also the cmd/powershell "run as administrator" is cant be open, it was working a while ago, but suddenly i have this problem, PLEASE HELP ME...
  6. ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file: I am unable to open any Office files from File Explorer. I can open them if I am within the applications itself, but not directly from the explorer. I am able to open non-Office related files such as Adobe PDFs, etc.. When I do try to open an office file it will show "not...
  8. Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer stops responding when clicking certain files: I was going through my files doing some organization yesterday and it was going fine, but every time I even clicked on a couple specific files, explorer would freeze completely. So far they're only word files and it's the same ones every time, but it's not happening with all...
  9. File Explorer - Right Clicking Unselected File Clears Selection

File Explorer - Right Clicking Unselected File Clears Selection: Not sure if this is an annoying bug that everyone knows about by now, but I'm hoping there's a setting or registry value I've overlooked. Here is how to reproduce and some loverly pictures. 1. Open File Explorer to a folder with multiple files and select one with left...
  10. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file: I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified...