Windows 10: File Explorer stops responding

Discus and support File Explorer stops responding in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The issue occurs when I am trying to access File Explorer using any 3rd party software. It might be Zoom, Viber or even Chrome. I have to reboot the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brian Pugh, Apr 13, 2020.

1. File Explorer stops responding

The issue occurs when I am trying to access File Explorer using any 3rd party software. It might be Zoom, Viber or even Chrome. I have to reboot the system to start it working again

:)

Brian Pugh, Apr 13, 2020

2. File explorer not responding

Evening.

I'm having an issue with the file explorer. I'm trying to have a clear out of old files in the downloads folder, but every time I try to delete a file it stops working. The blue bar at the top just says 'File explorer (not responding)'. I've tried restarting
    my laptop and it still keeps doing it. Any suggestions??

LisaOwens5, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Hayden93 Win User
    Windows file explorer has stopped responding

Hello all,
    I will be marking this as solved. The steps that I have taken is removing the file explorer Icon adding a shortcut to my documents. This will stop the library from checking for the external drive that is constantly causing this problem.
    -Hayden

Hayden93, Apr 13, 2020
  4. File Explorer stops responding

File Explorer stopped working,

this does not work and i can not open Command Prompt (Admin)

aurelio arellano, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

File Explorer stops responding

1. File Explorer stops responding - Similar Threads - File Explorer stops

2. File Explorer frequently stops responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer frequently stops responding: Consistently, when i access certain files, usually ones a couple folders in, my file explorer will stop responding and do nothing until restarted.I have read a lot of readily available help, suggesting things like "sfc/scannow" in cmd or a system health check in powershell,...
  3. File Explorer frequently stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer frequently stops responding: Consistently, when i access certain files, usually ones a couple folders in, my file explorer will stop responding and do nothing until restarted.I have read a lot of readily available help, suggesting things like "sfc/scannow" in cmd or a system health check in powershell,...
  4. File Explorer frequently stops responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  6. File Explorer Not Responding

File Explorer Not Responding: I can't upload or attach anything from file explorer regardless of browser. I can open File Explorer on its own but it doesn't respond when I want to upload files online or attach files to email. I tried changing to Microsoft Edge and Opera, and it's still the same....
  7. File Explorer not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  8. File Explorer not responding

File Explorer not responding: I have a 6 year old Lenovo desktop running Windows 10 with build 19041. Yesterday I installed a second hard disk that I plan to use for backups. My primary disk is a 2tb sata disk while this one is a 500mg sata drive from previous pc where it was the primary drive and ran...
  9. File explorer - stops responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer - stops responding: Hello everybody, I need your assistance please . When i launch file explorer on my Windows 10 machine, it stops responding freezes . I have tried the below troubleshooting steps without any joy. Killed the program in the task manager, tried to relaunch again Control...
  10. Windows file explorer has stopped responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows file explorer has stopped responding: Hello all, I will be marking this as solved. The steps that I have taken is removing the file explorer Icon adding a shortcut to my documents. This will stop the library from checking for the external drive that is constantly causing this problem. -Hayden